Prologue

The screams started by the edge of a town. Immediately everyone froze; they knew what it meant. The Scavengers had finally reached their town, Ramir. As if a light had suddenly flickered on, everyone raced to their homes. They frantically packed their personal belongings, and anything they needed to survive. They all knew the Scavengers were here to kill. To kill anyone with powers or the resistance, the Titans. Almost everyone in Ramir was part of the Titans or had special abilities.

Claud Leeson was the major of Ramir. His whole family had powers. He knew that they would be the first to be killed. He wrote a letter to the General of the Titans, explaining the situation he was in and saying his goodbyes. He told his wife to take all of their money and their children to the cellar, and to escape through the underground tunnel.

Eli Leeson rushed to gather her two children, Marcus and Arya. She quickly found anything worth value and put it in a satchel. She brought her children to the cellar , gave them the satchel, and told them to run through the tunnel and to not stop. She would not go with them; she needed to stay with her husband, to protect their home. She kissed their heads and gave them one final hug before she locked the cellar door and told them to go.

Claud and Eli stood together in front of their house. They didn't say anything. They didn't need to. They knew this was the last time they were ever going to see each other. As the Scavengers finally marched up to them, Eli and Claud shared their last kiss. Seconds later gun shots could be heard throughout Ramir. Everyone besides Marcus and Arya were dead. The Scavengers did not spare anyone.

Marcus and Arya had made it half way through the tunnel. Even with being underground they could hear the shots and the screams. The only sound between the two was their short and heavy breathing. They were to frightened and depressed to say anything. They had just lost their family and friends. All of them were most likely gone. So they kept running. Running to end of the tunnel.