Chapter 1

I briskly walked out of my house pulling my sleeves further down my arms before adjusting my grey beanie over my blondish brown hair. I saw my friend Alby standing against a tree waiting on me. I grab my book.bag and walked towards Alby.
"Bout time you came, Sangster, now only if we can get you to come out." Alby said slightly hinting at my sexuality.
"Whatever, let's just start heading to school." I say starting to walk towards The Glade Academy. I look up and gasp as I see a new kid getting out of a jeep. He has his brown hair spiked up, tight black skinny jeans, white t-shirt with a red and black flannel. Piercing hazel eyes with spider bites in the left side of his mouth.
"Hey, Earth to Newt. What's wrong?" Alby asked, concern laced in his voice. He followed my gaze and let out a small sigh. "Newt, don't even think about getting involved with him. He's nothing but bad news." Alby says as I see the new kid light a cigarette and take a drag of it. The bell rings as we start heading into the school.
5th period comes around as I walk into the cafeteria, I see my normal group. I look around and I see the new kid sitting by himself. Ignoring Alby's warning, I sit across from him. "Hi I'm Newt. And you are?"
"Thomas..." I hear him mutter. He's so quite. He looks into my eyes, hazel meeting brown. "Where's your food?" Thomas asks me.
"Oh...I don't really eat that much." I answer.
"Eat up." Thomas slides me his food tray. As I eat I see him slide his phone towards me. "Put in your number cutie." I type my number as my hand tremble. I slide Thomas' phone back to him. "Thanks. Party at my place tonight, you should come."
"I-I don't know, parties aren't really my thing." I stutter out as the bell rings. I hurry out of the cafeteria leaving a smirking Thomas behind.
I walk into 8th period and see Thomas next to my empty seat. I slide in so I have Thomas on one side and his friend Minho on the other.
"Newt, what's your full name?" Thomas asked shyly. "Mine is Stiles Thomas O'Brien, but I go by Thomas."
"Newton Samuel Sangster...but I just go but Newt." I answer quietly.
"Newt," I hear my teacher say quietly to me, "you need to take your stuff to the office, you're leaving." I see Alby and my older brothers, Gally and Ben, standing in the doorway. I stand up and leave before hearing a quiet voice.
"Bye Newt, see you tonight."