P R O L O U G E

"It Hurts, But I'm Okay... I'm Used To It"

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Depression was a whole new world.

It clawed at her mind and health, tearing it away piece by piece, until there was nothing left but a broken body.

She wasn't okay.

She was tired of test through test they put her through, she was tired of all the failures they resulted in. She wanted to be free of her pain and suffering, but it was all in vain, she was trapped in plain white walls and floors for the rest of her short life.

Jealousy tore at her stomach during the times she was forced to go into the sun, when she saw the healthy children run around and play in the light. Her eyes held longing. She wanted to be one of those giggling little ones. She wanted to have fun.

But she couldn't.

Her mind wasn't like theirs.

Hers was more... broken. Theirs were fixed and complete, whole, ready to take in what the world had to offer. Jealousy was like a arrow, her the target.

Life was dull and boring for her. Besides being wheeled around in a wheelchair when walking could strengthen her legs to rooms where scientists conducted pain inducing tests on her to find out what exactly was wrong with her brain, she gazed mournfully out her window. The sunlight blinded her, yet she sat frozen at the glass wall. She loved how colorful the world outside her was, how it made her eyes open wider, how the shades could change at a moments' notice. To her, the seasons and nature were the prettiest things she has ever seen, besides art, of course.

When she was young, before all this, her mother and father would take her to an art gallery and she would spend hours just gazing at the pieces of art that she's seen many times before. She loved how one color would fade into another, how two other colors came at each other, the detail and techniques. She could still remember the artist of her favorite sculptures and paintings; his name was Guertena, and she longed to meet him. But then her parents found out about her strange and unknown brain disorder, crushing her dreams completely, leaving her utterly depressed.

But one day when she was watching kids play from her wheelchair, her longing to see the art again grew stronger, making her troubled mind hatch a plan to escape her prison, despite her weak state, to see it again. The plan clouded her thoughts completely, and she decided to do it, to leave, and never come back.

 So it's interesting so far, children?

Is it?

;-;

Well the main character... Her name will not be shown until the first chappy. But for her brain disorder, I searched up types of disorders, and I didn't think they would fit her.

So I'm creating a nameless disorder that has symptoms that include: forgetfulness, anxiety, mood swings, depression, changes in personality, difficulty with moving & balance, and apathy.

Yeah, I know, that's a lot.

But that's just the way she is~

Stay tuned my dears~