September 7, 2016

The first day of school.

This wasn't like every first day of school. From the start of kindergarten, the first day of school was just a typical thing that happened once a year. It was the first day where you went in and sat in the same 10 classes for a whole year. It was routine. You were used to it.

This year was different. It was my last first day. My last first day of high school. My last first day with the people i've been around since kindergarten. It's a very bittersweet feeling. The sad part of it is it doesn't even feel real. When your mom takes your last first day picture crying, when you step into the school seeing everybody, when you go visit your favorite teacher rounding up for one final hoot. They always say savior your senior year, it flys by. They aren't kidding.

My last first day was just like the next persons. I went to my classes eager to see who I'd be spending the year with day after day. I was thrilled to meet my last group of teachers who would be there for me. These teachers are going to be the ones who help me decide which college I'm going to. (Speaking of college, my mother has already made me apply to all my colleges of interest. I have applied to 4 SUNYS; Potsdam, Oswego, New Paltz, and Cortland).

My classes were ok. Nothing to write home about. I had an early release from school on a days and a late arrival to school on b days. Basically I was able to leave school 82 minutes early one day, and I could arrive to school 82 minutes late on the other day. This was one of my senior privileges. Another privilege I had was the ability to leave campus for lunch. I was eager for this but since I only had 40 minute lunches, I couldn't go far. I already knew that I would be spending most lunches on campus. Today I had my early release so I left campus and went to Spring Street to get myself a buffalo chicken quesadilla. I fucking love those things. Seriously get one if you haven't had the chance.

After I got home, I invited my boyfriend over. Him and I then went to the mall so I could get a shirt for the tomorrow. We talked about my first day and his day at campus. He is a freshman at HVCC. I was very grateful to see him because he plays lacrosse for his school and he had practices every day.

I went to bed satisfied with my first day. I was excited for what the rest of my senior year had in store.