What a Beautiful Sight

Sunlight shines into the room, draping the bed's occupants with a blanket of warmth. Sasuke wakes slowly, savoring the feeling of Naruto wrapped in his arms. Sasuke studied him. Naruto's blond hair was perfect, even after the fun they had had the night before. His shoulder blades boar the scars he had received in a nasty skirmish with the Akatsuki several years prior. The muscles that covered his back were relaxed. Sasuke jumps guiltily as Naruto turns over to face him.

Naruto's face had a small scar over his eyebrow—a gift from Sasuke when they battled at Final Valley for the last time. His collar bones were prominent and wall defined. Even hidden, Sasuke remembers every detail of those impossibly blue eyes. Yes, at twenty-one Naruto was stunning. Gently, Sasuke raises up to plant a soft kiss on Naruto's lips before getting out of bed. As quietly as a feather, Sasuke dresses in a loose t-shirt and jeans and closes the door of the bedroom as he leaves.

In the kitchen, Sasuke sets to work making breakfast. The pan sizzles with sausage later as Naruto hugs Sasuke about the waist from behind. "'Morning." Naruto says blearily.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" Sasuke says as he continues to push the meat around the pan.

Naruto nestles his nose against Sasuke's neck, breathing in before replying. "I would have slept longer if you had stayed in bed." Sasuke smiles, but gives no reply. Naruto lets go and goes to set the table. From the corner of his eye, Sasuke can see the shirtless Naruto. His muscles are well defined and the only thing that mars his front is the seal that holds the willing Kurama. Around him was an aura that radiated life. Not just the life of Naruto, but his ability to give life. Their house was proof that Naruto's life energy was more than just his. The plants on their windows almost burst out of their boxes. The birds gathered around their opened kitchen window. The wood floor glowed teal where ever Naruto's bare feet touched.

"Enjoying the view?" Naruto says charmingly, catching Sasuke staring.

Sasuke smiles, "It's breathtaking."

Naruto shakes his head. "You're burning the sausage."

Sasuke looks down panicky to find that the sausage was just fine. 'Oh that sly fox.'

Just as Naruto finishes setting the table there is a knock at the door. Without hesitation Naruto shouts, "Come in!"