Chapter 1

ANGEL'S POV

"Angel!" my parents snap and I hop down the stairs grinning at my newest successful crime. The grin falls off my face and I cross my arms as I see three cops from town standing in a circle with my dreadful family. I replace my grin with a smirk as I walk into the circle. "Angel Harper you're in so much trouble" my mother sneers at me. I fight the urge to scoff. I look over at the policemen and scan them. I laugh on the inside, they can't keep a 15 year old girl out of trouble I'd love to see what would happen if an actual criminal came into town. I rolled my eyes when they started discussing Juvie and shit.

"Do we have any other option other than Juvie Officers?....I really don't want her to go there." my mom says looking between them and me. "Well ma'am, this isn't the first time Angel has gotten in trouble with the law. It's not even the tenth time. The only other option would most likely be a reform school of some sort. There's not many options for you or your family Angel. We can't keep letting you off the hook." one of the cops says. Well my parents would never send me away and I can't go to Juvie. My dad says something to the police and they leave quietly.

My mom is on the verge of tears. "Angel I don't understand why you do this. We-we give you everything you want and we live in a nice house. I just don't understand." She says as tears well in her eyes. I soften. "Mom...it's not like that. I just, I do this because it's fun. It brings me pleasure. The adrenaline, the rush, the secrecy. You're a good parent. You and dad. I just have my own way of doing things." I say sitting beside her rubbing her back. "But we raised you to be mannerly and kind and honest. Why Angel?" she says looking up at my the tears finally falling down her face. I hug her and whisper "I'm sorry Momma". I am dismissed to my room and I fall asleep quickly.

The next morning I wake and walk downstairs into the kitchen. It's Sunday. I see dad reading in his chair by the living room. He calls me over. "Angel, I love you. We love you so much, but we cannot handle you on our own anymore. You're far out of our control. So your mother and I have come up with a solution." He says. Oh no. "Pack your things. On Wednesday you'll be headed to a boarding school. You're a virgin right?" he says. Oh my God. What the hell? Am I a virgin? "Uh yes I am but you're not really sending me away are you?" I say dumbfounded. "Yes we are Angel. Even if it's just for a little while. This will be good for all of us honey. Just wait, you'll see" he says smoothly. If my father wasn't so damn chill i'd be flipping my shit.

I huff and get some toast and grumble as I go upstairs. I flop down on my bead and scream into my pillow.  I get up and pack my stuff. Halfway through packing I hear little rocks being thrown against my window. I look outside and its Ethan. Oh God. I open my window and jump out of it. "Hey" I say looking up at him. "Hey yourself. Where were you yesterday? Eastside was supposed to hang out down by the lake. You weren't there. You missed it. We hijacked a yacht!" he says roaring into fits of laughter.

When I don't laugh with him he straightens up. His laughing turns into a sideways subtle smirk that seems to come naturally to Ethan's face. I sigh and cross my arms. "I'm leaving" I say simply. He immediately looks taken aback. "W-what like leaving Eastside?" He stutters out. "No! Much worse. My parents are sending me to a boarding school" I say. All the color drains from his face. Everyone around here knows i'm Eastside's best fighter and best friend. This gang, my gang relies on me.

I love it here and I really don't want to go. Ethan and the rest of Eastside gives me a little going away party and we all say our see you laters. we never ever say goodbye. I head back home and get ready for my flight. I am upset the whole drive to the airport. security has to escort me EVERYWHERE! All because I can't be trusted. I scoff and roll my eyes. I kiss my mom and dad and we exchange few words before I leave. I stare out the little window the whole plane ride.