Sigmund

« The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?" » - Sigmund Freud

The buzzing sound woke me up. I took the phone from the nightstand to check who was calling me and answer as soon as his name flashed on. 

- Hey babe! I said with a crispy voice.

- Hey! Sorry, did I wake you up? He asked, afraid to bother me.

- Yeah but it's fine, I said as I laid back on the pillow. How is the case going? 

- We arrested the guy yesterday. I tried to call you in the evening, but you must have been asleep already.

- Oh yeah, I had a headache and went to sleep early... But that's great, I'm proud of you.

- Aw, you okay? 

- Tired, I answered, yawning at the same time. But yeah, I'm doing much better. When are you coming home? I miss you. 

- Actually, I'm in the lobby. I just wanted to make sure you were up. I have a surprise for you! 

- Really? What is it? 

- If I tell you, it won't be a surprise anymore, he said playfully. I swear I could hear him smiling. You'll see in a minute, he adds and then hung up. 

I put my phone back on the nightstand and got out of bed. I didn't care much if he sees me in pajamas, I missed him so much that all I wanted was to hug him tightly. As I entered the living room where the apartment entrance was, I heard the key dancing in the lock and the door was opening. The first thing I saw wasn't my handsome boyfriend, but a ball of fur running in the place. It took me a second to realize what was happening, but as soon as my brain assemble the pieces of the puzzle, there was a puppy jumping on me.

- OH MY GOD, SPENCER! I screamed as the puppy attacked me with tons of kisses. His whole body was shaking with excitement. ARE YOU SERIOUS? 

- After we discussed it last time, I thought about it a lot. I think having a dog is good idea, he'll keep you company while I'm gone, and he even can protect you from anyone who wants to hurt you, since I can't always be there for you... 

- Babe, oh god, I can't believe it, I replied as the pup was now in my arms, still kissing me. Tears began to fill my eyes. 

- Do you like him? He asked, a little bit nervous.

- Are you kidding me, Spence? I ADORE him! I said while nuzzling my face into his soft fur. Does he have a name? 

- You can choose it.

- What about Sigmund? I asked, thoughtfully.

- Whatever you want, baby. Your happiness is my happiness. 

- What did I do to deserve a man like you? 

He smiled at me and lean into me for a quick kiss on the lips. I put an arm around his neck and deepened the kiss. 

- I love you, I said through the kiss.

- I love you too, he said.

- THE END -