Rylie Stone

I suppose I should start by telling you a little about myself...my name is Rylie Grace Stone, I am 31 years old and I live in Denver, Colorado with my friend Kim. Its not exactly a perfect arrangement but it works.

I first moved to Denver when I was four years old with my foster parents Sally and Tony. They lived on a small farm just on the borderline. I went to a Christian school and spent most of my Sundays in church. That's how I met Ryan...

Ryan was a little older than me, he was more around my foster brother Zach's age, however we did all used to hang out quite alot. In fact my foster Mom nicknamed us the Terrible Trio, not that we'd go looking for trouble it just had a habit of following us.

It hasn't really been easy for me over the years, I never really settled in Denver and although the Filkins family are amazing. I never could get my head around what happened to my birth Mom. Nobody could talk about it to begin with, it was too upsetting or I was too young, was usually the favoured excuse. But Zach always gave it to me straight, he told me the truth about how my mother was a drug addict and that she killed herself with an overdose...

I didn't really need Zach to tell me this though because I remembered how she died...kind of, it was one of the first memories I have of my mother. Not that I remember much except her being on the floor asleep (or so I thought) and me cuddling her tight until someone found us.

The doctor said I must have been alone in the house for at least 3 days after she died, but like I said no one dares talk to me about it. I can tell it makes people uncomfortable though so I don't really talk about it either.

But that's all in the past, my life was better from the minute I became part of the Filkins family, they treated me as one of them since the beginning.

And Zach, well Zach is a good big brother most of the time. However like alot of big brothers he's always had a protective streak. I guess you could say I was lucky to find this family when I did...

*****

Authors note

I really hope this is a good intro to a story. And it is different enough to stand out from other fanfictions. Please comment and let me know if it's any good xxxx