The News

CJ Cregg was sitting in her office reading over a report when Reporter Danny Concannon enters her office to tell her that his editor is making him do pieces in Africa and the in the Congo no less. She looks up "Daniel what are you doing just standing there?"

"Just watching you."

"You have to choose in or out."

"In" he comes in and shuts her door.

"Danny?" He walks over to her puts down the briefing book that she was just reading he drags her up so she is standing. "What are you doing I ask again." He then kisses her she is glad that he is holding her around the waist.

"I wanted to give you a proper goodbye this time around." He says while holding her in his arms.

"You're leaving?" CJ asks with her eyebrows rising in question.

"Yes, I didn't request this one, though."

"You requested the other one?"

"CJ, it grew hard to be around you and not tell you how I felt."

"Danny, be careful when you are where you are supposed to be." She tells him as she messes with his tie.

"I will CJ."

"If I told you how I felt would you try to get back faster?"

"You love me."

"How?"

"CJ, we have spent enough time together and few people react the way you did when we shared a kiss."

"You're right Danny."

"I love you, CJ Cregg." He kisses her again and leaves her office. CJ then falls back in her chair.

............Days Later............

"CJ, The President wants to see you in The Oval now." Carol says poking her head into CJ's office.

"Ok, thank you, Carol." She goes to The Oval and notices everyone's faces "what is going on?"

"CJ, there was some activity in Africa and some reporters were kidnapped and Danny was" CJ sinks downs on the couch with her hand to her lips remembering the kisses that she and Danny shared before he left. "CJ, are you ok?" Josh says noticing that his friend has sunk down to a seat.

"I have to go call his family. Can one of you call ahead and ask Carol to get his personal file, and get his emergency contact." CJ asks the room.

"CJ, you are his White House contact." The President points out.

"What about The Washington Post?"

"They have informed his parents and they are on their way to DC."

"When Security calls please send them to my office. They may want to see a face that their son really cares about."

"Ok, CJ."

"I have to go." she leaves to go back to her office and shuts the door. She looks at Gail and says "your dad promised me that he would be careful, but goes and gets himself kidnapped." She starts to cry then she doesn't notice that she has fallen asleep from her tears until there is a knock on the door.

"CJ, there is some people here that wear a strikingly good resemblance of Danny." Carol says as she is knocking on the door.

"Ok, send them in Carol." Says as she gets up from the ground.

As they come in CJ introduces herself. "You don't need to introduce yourself to us. Our son has told us so much about you, and we watch the briefings every week."