Chapter 1: Dreams and Nightmares

Close your eyes,

        And make me real.       

"Aaahh!" He screeched, clawing his face with his nails. His hands parted from his face as it was forcefully pulled do it would no do any further damage.

"No! No! No!" He continued to scream, the metalic taste of blood and the salt evident tears mixing in his mouth.

"It's okay. . ." The other soothed, tender hands wiping away the tears that dared stray.

"No. . ." He continued to sob, the next words stuck in his throat. "I dreamt of it again. . .you died. . .I killed Mana. . .and there was so much death. . .so much tragedy. . ."

"It was simply a dream-"

Silver eyes snapped open, burning with red as it was exposed to air. "It was so real. . .felt so real. . " His hands traveled up to his hair, trying to pull it's root but it was block by the other occupant of the room.

"It's not real Allen. . .it's not real. . ." Neah sounded almost pleading. Looking directly at Allen's fear stricken eyes.

"I died in the end Nea!" Allen exclaimed, shaking when he said that. "The feeling of death was so real. . .bleak. . .dark. . .the void."

Neah grabed Allen shoulder so he'll stop shaking. He doesn't need Allen to go back into one of his fits again, he have little sanity left for tonight.

"You're still alive Allen. . ." He spoken softly, afraid that is he'd spoken any louder his brother would start loosing it again. Though he was the one who lost it for a second, of viscious vision of his past threatening to consume him whole.h

"I dissolved into nothingness. . ." Allen whispered ruefully, his hands slumped to his side as if he finally given up. And yet, his eyes continues to stare at Neah's, boring into his very soul. Unblinking, the poor lighting of their room made his pupil dillate so much, they looked like reptiles.

Though a bit frightened, Neah continued. "You exist Allen. . ."He replied, like he always does. His palm reaching out to Allen's chest to feel the rhytmic beating of his heart. "Tangible. . ."

His hands traveled upon Allen's face, covering his left eye and right ears. "Perceptible. . ."

Then he brought his face closer, until their forhead touch. Their combining to became a chaotic state of a chessboard, midnight wooving along with moonlight. It was of black and light, of good and evil. . .it was easy to draw the lines between them, They were never any combination of grey, and they were never the same. It was always two parts of a whole.

"You exist Allen. . ."Neah continued, hearing closely as Allen's breathing began to slow down. Gently, he lowered Allen back to his side of their bed.

Allen gripped his arm so thightly, it began to bleed. Neah gulped down the painful wince that threatens to leave his mouth. Neah retracted back his arm, almost screecing when Allen gripped it once again. His longnails digging into his skin from where he know it would bleed.

He already have plenty of scars to prove that.

Neah starred at Allen, who was facing him on the bed. Allen's hair covered the right side of his face, making his left eye stood out. It starred at him, simply starring, sharp and childlike, burning like molten silver.

"You're real right?" Allen said, almost audible as if his lips were simply moving. The dim light making Allen appear almost surreal, as if he was a ghost.

"Of course I am," Neah answered confidently, he then pushed away Allen's hair so it wouldn't cover his face anymore.

"You can see me right?" Neah continued and proceedd to cover Allen's left eye with his palm. "You can fell my touch right?"

Now, he released Allen's eye and notice how dull his right was compared to his left. The left was bright, still maintaining it's innocence tanquility that was usually destroyed by experience. And his right was a bit dull, a tarnished silver and yet still maintain it's nobiliy.

Sometimes, it was easy to forget that Allen's left was the one blind and not the other way around.

Though others don't usually notice this, but he and Mana was the only one who knew. Not even heir parents know and they should never know or they would hate Allen further.

"I'm as real as you are," Neah seemingly replied to Allen prevoius question again. Neah smiled softly as he closed both of Allen's silver eyes with his hand.

Allen breathe out sharply, releasing Neah's right arm and snatched his left. "I don't want to sleep. . ."Allen whispered, almost pleading. "They emerge from it. . .my nightmares."

"I'll sing for you then," Neah said while releasing his left hand from Allen's hold. "Like I'll always do," A wavered smile.

"Please," Allen pleaded, sounding scared, so scared. No longer the hero he used to be.

Neah took a large breathe, supplying his brain with a large amount of oxygen as exhaustion was stalking him up close. And yet, he forced himself to stay awake, to be allert.

"So the child went into deep sleep. . ."

That cursed song. That viled song.

"Among the grey ashes in the burning flames. . ."

It continued to haunt him even after death. And yet, he still couldn't bring himself to hate it.

"First one. . .then two. . .rises upon your beloved face."

Maybe this was a punishment of some sort. Karma is what people now call it. Though back then, it used to be called devine retribution.

To love and hate the same thing.

"A thousand dreams. . .trickled back to Earth. . ."

He heard Allen whimpered, and instinctly, he reached out to soothe him.

"On the night when the silver eyes were trembling. . .The shining you were born."

His eyelids felt so heavy, as if it were made from lead, But still he waited at least, until everything is alright.

"Across millions of years. . .the prayer have already retuned back to Earth. . ."

Allen shivered and Nea checked Allen's body temperature using the back of his hand.

"I will still continue to pray."

Nea frowned, feeling heat emmiting from Allen's skin. He undrapped the blanket that covered Allen's body and lowered the AC temperature.

"Please leave. . .upon this child you love. . ."

Without moving from his spot, Nea grabbed his handkerchief and soak it into a glass that contained cold water that he'd wanted to drink for tonight. But unfortunately. . .then he proceed to twist it at each end so get rid the extra water that might have drip on Allen's face.

"Among our joined hand. . ."

He gently layed down the folded cloth onto Allen's forhead. His cheek flushing a soft pin beacause of his fever. Though, Nea rationalize that it would go away tonight.

"Leave a gentle kiss. . ."

And finally, he too close his eyes. As the serene calmness washes over the room, he accepted the invitation of dreams. Hoping with all his heart it wasn't mistaken as nightmares.

Yes, if only those were nightmares.