Daughter of the Sea

(a/n I am writing this off the top of my head, so please no hate even if it is crappy. Also, I'm writing this on my kindle fire HDX, so sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes. the keyboard is small. I hope you enjoy!)

Also, I haven't chosen a name for my main characters yet. If you could leave a comment suggestion, that would mean a lot to me :)

I was amazed as I looked around at my new home. Well, not exactly a home, but it's where I would live until I was an adult. Hopefully I will actually live to adulthood. Everyone here says that it's extremely rare for a demigod to live past their teen years. maybe I will defy those odds.

My name is ___________ ____________. I am 12, but I'm almost 13. (then I will finally be old enough for Facebook!)

I had just arrived at Camp Half Blood. I'm from Denver, Colorado. Most of my life has been typical, which is apparently not common for a demigod. Chiron says that the reason monster almost never attacked me is most likely because of the cold weather. I hate snow, so I can see why there weren't many monsters in Denver.

I'm not exactly sure how I got to camp half blood, it was all a blur. something involving an explosion, a donkey person, a really scary bat-demon thing, and getting on a train real fast, and then arriving here. the donkey person who happened to be my only - I mean best friend. I have lots of friends.

Okay, I lied. I only have one friend, __________. Everyone is mean to me. I have never fit in, I'm too awkward. I also have ADHD and dyslexia, which both suck alone. But put them together and BAM, you get me, the dumbest and most socially awkward seventh grader at my school.

I'm so happy to finally get away from that place.

Anyway, my friend explained what was going on on the long train ride to NYC. I got to call my mother using a public payphone to tell her where I was going. she cried and I'll admit that I teared up a little. I don't like to cry, especially in front of my mother. I don'tever want to look vulnerable just to be the target of more bullies.

Now there I stood, in the middle of the camp, scared yet somewhat excited for the days that lay ahead of me.

(I hope you liked it so far. as I mentioned before, please leave a suggestion for names. The main character is a girl, btw. Peace out fangirls/fanguys ;) )