Thoughts

Narrative POV

James sat in his room. He felt alone in there. There were pictures of his family. Books of all shapes and sizes. Trophies from various sports littered the shelves. One in particular caught his eye, one he didn't know why he still had. It was the one he won when he was just 7 years old. He was 16 now, he had won the trophy 9 years ago. He held the trophy in his hand, feeling the cheap golden plastic rub against his hand. Nine years, He thought, nine years, Jesus Christ. He set the trophy down.

James was the best athlete at his school. He had the faster mile time, ever. He had scored the most touchdowns (in rugby and American football), ever. Scored the most runs in baseball, ever. Nobody could beat him. He beat everyone. He just had two problems, he was gay, his girlfriend. He knew it was time to come out. He just didn't know how.

I have to do this. He thought to himself. He knew he wasn't ready. He was scared. What would his friends think. What would his parents think. What about his coach. What about HIS GIRLFRIEND. She had no clue. She was a ditsy brunette named Ava. Just one of the popular girls. She liked him, a lot; He hated her, she was annoying and loud. He hated being around her.

Ben. The one person that knew.

Ben was James' best friend since kindergarten. James may have had a crush on him at one point. When he came out as bisexual, his parents were super supportive, but James' parents didn't let Ben onto their property because he was "half-gay".  James' parents were super religious and very conservative. When they found out that Ben was bisexual they told him "Thank the Lord your not like that. All gay off liking men. It's unnatural! It's disgusting!!" James nearly bust into tears when he heard those words. He walked toward the bathroom as nonchalantly as possible, shut the door, grabbed a towel, and cried into it for what felt like hours. His parents thought nothing of it. His dad sat on his ass watching football while his mom sat there working every Sunday night.

James thought back to the last time he saw his sister, Ari. The day she came out as aromantic asexual. They told her it didn't exist. They forced her to kiss someone. They had someone molest her. But she didn't change. At all. She was thrown out of the house. 5 years ago, when she was 13. Sometimes she thought he saw her turning around a corner. He would run up and she would be gone, out of sight. While his parents acted as if they'd never heard the name Ari.

James mustered up enough confidence to stand up. He walked to the door, opened it, and stepped out. Thoughts racing through his head at lightning speed.

AN
I know it's a short chapter but it's my first book. Hope you like it!!

I have no idea when the next chapter will come out (no pun intended).