The boy named Ben

For about a year now i have been in love with Ben. Ben is not your typical teenage guy on the football team though. He is a nerd. He sings the Pokemon theme song at random times. He plays in the band, and he is real.  And that is my favorite thing about him. He does not care about how he looks, or if he gets attention or not, he just does him, and does not try and impress anyone. I have been friends with Ben since 8th grade. Recently he told me that he was in love with me too, in 8th grade, with my oblivious self, i never knew. He never really dropped any hints, or showed me anything, he just sat back, like he was seeing a movie in the theater. I wish i knew sooner. Maybe we could have been something.

I put on my shoes, and walked out the door. Jessica was expecting me. Last year, as tradition we went to the home football game every other Friday. It was the first one this year. When i dropped band in Middle School, i hated it. But lots of my friends were in it. Like David, Olive, other David, Sarah, and Ben. And now since Dana was a freshman, she was in band. The thing I regretted most of dropping band was, marching band. Two reasons why i dropped band, was i thought everyone besides my friends hated me, and I sucked.

I saw Jessica waving when I got to the gate, and walked over to her.

"Hey" She said.

"Hey" Was my response.

"What are you wearing?" She asked with a smile.

I looked down, and realized i had a pair of shorts on with a Hoodie.

"Trust me, I am wearing pants." I lifted up my hoodie to show her.

She laughed.

I checked my phone to check what time it was. There was a snapchat from Ben. I opened it, and there was a picture of me and Jessica, next to the fence where we always stood, with a text, that said "Where are your pants? XD" I looked up, and over to where the band nerds sat, and saw Ben at the top of the bleachers with his band shirt on.

I sent a snapchat back, a picture of the bleachers they stood, and circled him, and said, "Where is your life?" As he opened it I saw he smiled. And texted back, "What life?" My response was, "Oh yeah, i apologize, i forgot you didn't have one:)" He smiled again, and put his phone away.