you've got me wrong

Gwang-jin sighs as he rubs his face gently. He reads the articles they post about him, he listens to the interviews, and he sees the doubt in his teammates expressions. Their dwindling faith leaves him frightened.

What would it come down to? What were his choices?

He is significantly older and far too close to being "too old" to continually play as a pro-gamer. The pressure is never ending. However, he has his own dreams and aspirations—his own desires despite the words they spew for him. They did not understand what he wants.

Without realizing it, he grimaces.

Team Liquid Academy...

It is not his first choice, it never was, but they would be the team he would carry to victory. He wishes to ensure that no matter the cost. Despite the words the others spew, he is not tired or burned out. In fact, his passion burns sturdily and he refuses to budge from his spot because he knows what he wants: I am going to win, and even when the season ends, I will be a pro-gamer. Gwang-jin has no reason to stop.

Their rumors were just that: rumors. Baseless, unfounded rumors. So he squashes the resentment he feels, grinds his teeth, and just breathes.

Even if the new team benches him, he will cheer for his team in public despite the devastating jealously that surrounds him at the mere thought. In return, he knows in his free time he will choose to practice more. He will opt to sleep less, eat less, and socialize less because he has one goal and a sweltering appetite for winning. The battle may be lost, but the war will never be over for him.

It hurts to leave. Although a trivial, nagging part of him begs him not to leave due to his devotion and wistfulness, he knows he cannot stay.

He takes a slow and steady breath before he opens his eyes.

"Welcome to Summoner's Rift."

It's his time to shine.

He holds his head high because he has nothing to prove to anyone but himself.

Gwang-jin "Piglet" Chae stands tall.