Heaven knows

out of nowhere, my phone gave me that annoying alarm again. i dose off while i was reminiscing  about the time when i had that first moment with donie. everything just happened so fast . who would have  thought that he liked me too. all those time wasted. we used to exchange glances at work or at the smoking area outside the building.well, i really didn't  care if it happened that fast.

          it's twelve midnight. all that walk earlier made me so tired. i snook out me of my room careful not to wake mom since im just in my undies and her room's just right across mine . i grabbed a couple of bread loaf, a glass of milk then i went back to my cave again. i placed the food  on a small table in front of  my couch. i almost gobbled everything since i just wanted to go  back to sleep. the next morning, i decided to go  to the power plant mall and have myself indulge in a cup of coffee there instead. i wanted to enjoy the morning sun there with just me, a book  maybe if  wanted to read. so i got up early like four thirty in the morning so i could still have an hour to jog. i just had four hours of sleep but have to get going.

          on my way to the park, with is like fifty yards from our house, i was thinking about the offer i got from the united nations, i mean working there at a very young age must be a big achievement not only for me, for my college professors but for my mom as well. well, i guess, yeah, it will be but then what about him? i know if i'd  leave, i would lose him for good. never to see him ever again. i might just die with depression there. anyway, they gave me a notice that i could work there this year or two years from now. i guess i still have two years to spend here.

          i arrived home from jogging and mom was already awake. she had prepared something for me today. i guess she noticed i did not touch anything from  what she had cooked for dinner last night.

" Chris anak, baonin mo to ha? lalagay ko na lang sa mesa. di ka na ba mag kakape?" saying to me while pouring a hot water to her favourite mug.

" egg sandwich na naman ma... hay...di na, dun na lang sa 7/11 para pwede ko pa dalhin sa opisina." of course she doesn't know anything about  my schedule. that i will be at the power plant mall." ma, alis na ko. nag iwan ako ng pera sa mesa ha. bili ka naman ng karne sa palengke para maiba naman. alis na ko" i was a bit early, six thirty on my watch. around seven, i was already standing in line at the coffee shop. i was thinking about something chocolatey. i figured i should stick to what i was indulging myself yesterday. i was next in line and i just love this barista. she looks like my age. she's not wearing anything on her face just a general red  lipstick which make her simple yet gorgeous.

"hi sir what can i get you?"
she asks me me with a huge smile.

" yung expresso and cream, miss. yan lang. for here. "
i replied.

" can i have your name for the cup? " she ask me.

i saw her name plate and her name's juliet. i smiled  a bit and told her. " romeo, miss". she knows i just made that up. but she still smiled at me. i just wanted to make her smile. not that i like her but because she's doing a good job.

          after waiting for my cup of coffee, i went outside to look for a vacant table. i was hoping to get that same spot i had yesterday. i look to my right and it is vacant. i placed my bag on the vacant seat and placed my coffee and everything on the table. just before i take my first in take of  caffeine for the day, i see geof sitting right across me. he's just wearing a white shirt, a short pants and a pair of running shoes. maybe he dropped by after a jogging. i guess he lives on one of these condominiums here. he look so different in person compared to his pictures on Facebook. but his face has a lot of features. nose that looks like wood that has been perfectly carved to be that pointy. i love his eyes and eye brows. "ma angas na parang hindi " i told myself.