does she love him

This one shot takes place in the royal engagement a missing scene. between Joe and Clarisse the night Mia ran off with Nicolas.
--------------------------------------------
Clarisse sat at her desk shuffling through papers when there was a sharp nock at the door . Come in she called out formally, she went. stiff when she saw who it was . Joseph she said stiffly before saying look I can not talk about us there is to much to be done. Joseph face remained calm and courtly but there was just the twinkle of hurt in his eyes . Actually he said I would like to talk about Mia . She relaxed slightly when he mentioned her grand daughter. Yes what about her she replied her marriage he said  you can not seriously expect her to be Wed to Andrew she will never grow to love him and her heart will break. What do you when she will never grow to love him she asked calmly because  he replied she has already given her heart to another. For a moment she was absolutely bewildered but then her mind began to race with thoughts of a certain lord a certain lord that her granddaughter couldn't seem to stay away from , lord devereaux does she love him she asked her voice barly a whisper. I,m afraid so Joseph answered before walking out leaving her to deal with the repercussions of this revelation .