Imaginary Psychopath

My best friend walks inside my house to know if I'm ok. Because she knows my girlfriend broke up with me. My girlfriend was also outside, listening through the phone my best friend has. It's currently on a call with my ex's phone so that she can hear everything we will talk about.

"Besty... I know it's hard but..."

"Hard? You don't know how hard it is."

I showed her my bruises and wounds on my fists.

"Oh my God..."

My best friend then started to cry while I'm fully aware my ex was listening to me. I just didn't tell her. My best friend then came closer to me and hugged me.

"Besty... I can feel your pain... I know how it feels, and it's so very painful."

"I've been punching the wall for hours, but the pain in my heart just doesn't stop... it doesn't stop."

For some reason I can see my ex crying as well. She must've realized the wrong she did, the pain she caused me.

"I couldn't stop... I couldn't stop hitting the wall, it was just too much for me. I'm sorry..."

"Don't cry besty... It's ok, it's ok."

I then finally felt the relief, I finally felt the comfort I needed. But in reality my best friend was never there, nor was my ex listening to me, and I never really punched the wall. All of those happened in my head. I was the one talking to myself, listening to myself, hurting myself. In reality, I was just laying on my bed waiting for my tears to dry out on my face.