But a Mere Reflection

dedicated to a new member of wattpad :) 

MY FIRST STORY!!!!:)  ENJOYYY!!!! 

But a Mere Reflection

She ran outside of the kitchen door which led to the backyard in her yellow summer dress with white intricate flowers patterned all over, and the sun beautifully kissing her skin. She looked absolutely stunning, her little pearl necklace rising and hitting her skin as she ran away from him. He eventually got to her and picked up her in a bridal way and leaning into kiss her, when a little girl sprayed them with a hose. This little seven year old girl who was wearing a baby blue colored dress was his pride and joy along with his wife who had cradled in his arms. He pecked his wife on the lips and set her down and chased after this little girl. All of a sudden, there was an ear splitting scream, followed by a dead silence that could be cut through with a knife.

The little girl dropped the hose and with her father they ran to her mother. She was on the floor, looking perfect as always-except the hole in the middle of the forehead with blood gushing out of it.

I suddenly got up from my dream and I had tears in my eyes, I wiped them away and noticed I was sitting the cafeteria. Looked upon as the outcast, I was the girl with the contagious disease. For being in the 21st century they sure didn’t act like it, I was basically stuck in a school with dumbasses. Just because I was bald and a Brittany fan doesn’t mean I wanted to follow in her crazy footsteps. Maybe just maybe there was something else that happened to me; maybe I had to do this.

Fuck this school I thought, as I quickly finished my jam sandwich and got up to run out of the cafeteria. I wouldn’t even be here in the first place, if eating in the cafeteria was a school rule. Caught up in my thoughts, I felt something hit me and my nose felt wet. I didn’t dare too look at anyone, I grabbed my bag and books off the ground and left the cafeteria as people behind me laughed and called me the “blind diseased girl.”

Everything I did, I always got judged by it. I understand I was never the popular it girl but I just wanted to be invisible. After I lost my mom, I lost everything. I was six when it happened, but I loved my mother, I loved her beauty and all the stories my dad told me about her. She was beautiful; I admired her beauty through a photograph as I sat in the library.

If she was here today, maybe I wouldn’t feel so alone. It’s not like I’m super alone yet, but living with only male company wasn’t the best. He understood me and talked to me, but I wasn’t able to tell him everything and he wasn’t always the most comfortable talking about girly things since I never really had a friend. I was the girl that just stayed alone and tried not to make friends, the more you start caring about people the more you get hurt.

 I sat in the library and I finally put the picture away and I started reviewing for the test I had last period. I had nothing better to do, no social life, not even a friend. I understood that I didn’t want friends, but I guess one couldn’t hurt and especially that I was going to die anyway.  

She was sitting there all alone as her father was up on the podium near the coffin giving the speech. Old ladies tried to comfort her and people came up to her giving her hugs and pitying looks, she hated all or it. She sat there alone in quite, for a little girl she was very bright. She hated everything that was happening, she knew she was dreaming, this couldn’t be real, her mom was still alive and was going to pop up any second with Ashton Kutcher on her side going “ you just Punk’d.”

BAM! I looked up startled, and I saw Caleb standing there with a stupid smirk on his face. “Hey cancer girl can you help me with math.”

“No.” I said and I turned back to reviewing my work for my last period’s test. The chair in front of me scraped on the floor and I felt eyes just boring into my skin. I looked up at him, when I couldn’t take it anymore, “could you stop looking at me, I don’t care if you sit there just don’t look at me.”