Chapter 15

Songs for this chapter:

Linkin Park ~ Numb

Panic at the disco ~ Nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks

Imagine Dragons ~ Radioactive

Three days grace ~ Animal I have become

Linkin Park ~ Breaking the habit

Fall out boy ~ American suitehearts

Pierce the Veil ~ bulls in the Bronx

Two door cinema club ~ Eat that up, it's good for you

And

The temper trap ~ Sweet Disposition

~~~

Stef's POV

(Almost home)

*Stef Screams*

"Dom it hurts!" I yell as a burning pain suddenly fills every inch of my body.

We're only minutes away from home and the moon hasn't even fully risen yet. Why is my heat staring already?

My thoughts are silenced as another wave of the burning pain washes over me.

"Here, come here." Dom says reaching out for me.

As soon as his hand meets my shoulder a sharp icy pain shoots in just the area he touched. I scream in pain and he instantly pulls away.

"Well you obliviously can't touch her." Max states.

"No shit!" Dom yells.

I can tell it's killing Dom to not be able to comfort me right now.

I wish he could just hold me in his arms an kiss all the pain away but the pain keeps coming, harder and harder each time.

"We're here." Danny says.

I look up out of the window to see the pack house, not our house.

"Why aren't we..." I'm in to much pain to even speak.

"We need to get you to Michael." Dom tells me whilst trying to figure out how to actually get me to Michael since it seems I can't be touched.

"Max you and Danny go get Michael."

They leave the car.

"Stef I'm sorry, If I would have known that your heat would start this early I would have made sure that we stayed home."

Guilt floods into his eyes.

I want to tell him that everything will be fine and that he can't blame himself for any of this, and I want to kiss the guilt expression on his flawless face away, but the roaring ache inside of me refuses to let me do any of these things.

*Minutes later*

Michael,Mrs wright, and max come racing to the car.

"What's going on, what's wrong?!" Carole shouts as the door next to me opens.

"Her heat started early." Dom explains.

I buckle over in tears and dig my claws into the headrest of the seat in front of me.

It feels like someone is hammering a nail into my back while I'm being stabbed with hundreds of hot needles everywhere else.

Suddenly A sort of relief washes over me, the ache still remains but not as bad as it did I wonder if it's over? That was the heat? It didn't even...

I spoke to soon.

The pain comes crashing back, in full force this time, causing me to growl out loud.

Michelle is trying her best to fight the pain but unfortunately she's losing.

"Is anybody going to do something, or are all just going to sit here and watch her?!" Dom shouts.

With that Michael tells max something and he takes off back into the house.

"Stefanie sweetie, I need you to concentrate now and tell my how long the pain lasts." Michael speaks to me like I'm in labor or something but I do as told and wait for the next wave.

Almost instantly the pain strikes again, much worse than before. I start counting on my fingers how long the heat lasts.

One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

I bite my bottom lip as hot tears roll down my cheeks.

I continue to count until I reach nine and a bit of pain subsides.

"Nine...nine seconds." My breaths are short sand rushed.

I hear max's heavy boots on the concrete ground as he joins us again.

"I got what you needed, the needle and the medicine..."

Us~ Needle?! Michelle and I speak in unison.

Through all of the treatments I've been through because of my 'suck lungs' there's only been a handful of times when I need to get some type of shot. I hated shots and still do so I always refused to get shots and ask for a pill instead, they would either give me the pill or tell me to suck it up and get the shot.

"Stef I have to give you this phylophen, it will numb your body, giving us the chance to get you out of the car and into the infirmary." Michael sticks the needle into the small bottle filled with lavender colored liquid and withdraws some into the tube connected to the needle.

On instinct I flinch away and create space between myself and that needle.

"There's no pill I could take instead?" God let there be a pill!

"There is a pill..."

YES!

"But it would take to long to digest and spread throughout your body, with this the effect will begin instantly."

Shit!

"It's ok Stef, I'm not letting anything hurt you." Dom's light tone rings in my ears.

'Just do it Stef, take one for the team' I think to myself.

I finally nod giving Michael the ok to stab me with the needle. I might be exaggerating things a bit but as of now I really don't care.

I squeeze my eyes shut and await the injection of the phylophen.

I hiss as the cold metal if the needle pinches at my skin then releases it's continents into me.

As Michael said instantly I could feel my body going numb. Starting at my toes, then to my feet, and so on all the way up to my chest. I couldn't even sit-up straight seeing that I've tipped over onto Dom's chest.

When I fix my eyes on him I swear I see a tear brining at his water line but I can't be sure because everything becomes hazy and I'm lifted out of the car to see the close to full moon shining in the dark nights sky.

Voices become fainter and fainter and my vision gets worse and worse as I am carried into the house.

I try to see who is carrying me but do to my whole body being numb I can't strain my neck to look over and up at my carrier. All I can see is white ceiling.

The last thing my eyes meet is a really bright light which I'm assuming to be a chandler, hopefully it's not 'the light flashing before my eyes' like they say in the movies before they die.

I try to think more on the subject of death but my train of thought is lost and everything becomes black.

~~~

Hii, sorry guys for not updating yesterday and probably a sucky chapter but I've been kind of busy with JO volleyball(Junior Olympic volleyball) open gyms, and I know it's no excuse but yeah srry for that. XP

P.s. Does anyone have, or did have finals this/last week??? If so let me know how it went.

P.s.s do you guys/ gals like the songs that I listen to while I write??? Are you into any of the same artists as I am???

Ilysm

#ReadAD