The Noise Under The Sink

Our story begins two weeks before Christmas, when five children were left home alone, while their parents went Christmas shopping.  As the children sit there bored, because their TV was broken and the internet was down when moments before they were Candy crushing, skyping, facebooking and game playing they began to ponder what it was like before they had computers.  Then all of a sudden a crashing noise from under the sink made them jump in terror.  Cassie the 12yr old grabbed Jesse the 5yr old and ran past Lela the 8yr old and jumped onto John the 14yr olds lap.  While Kristian the 17yr old  screamed in terror and ran through the house and jumped on her bed.  As the noise echoed under the sink the children's fear increased.  Who was going to help them out of this perdicament?

They had no idea what was going on, with their fear at the highest, the sink door creeped open then slams shut.    Lela joins Kristian on the bed under pillows.  John and Jesse are struggling to breathe while Cassie has a death grip on their necks. They yell "Cassie LET GO!!!".  She releases her grip.

When soon after their fears starts to subsides, since the noise has not returned after several minutes Cassie slowly climbs off John's lap  and bravely takes a step toward the cabinet.  Jesse whispers,"  don't touch the door", she takes another step and then BANG goes the cabinet.  Then the door slowly swings open and slams shut.  Jesse screams  and runs up the stairs to join Kristian and Lela under the pillows.  John steps behind Cassie and says " I got your back girl".  Cassie reaches for the broom, when BANG goes the cabinet again, she slowly extends the broom handle to the cabinet door, she inches closer and closer she is now 4 inches away, when the cabinet door swings open and hits the broom stick.  John bolts for the stairs to join the huddling masses of terrified children under the pillows.  Cassie looks behind her and realizes she is alone, and with a hard gulp she swallows her fear and opens the cabinet door, she looks under the sink and is puzzle because she does not see anything when all of a sudden out jumps Tiger Lily the family kitten.   

She yells upstairs..... you chickens  it was only the kitten.  As the parents come home, their shopping all done they ask the children if they had fun.  

All five children bust out in laughter.  The parents not knowing what had gone on stood there looking bewildered. 

The End.