suspense practice?

you can hear the drops against the window. the heavy winds threatening the trees. you can hear the branches knocking against the door. you wonder what it's like to be a tree. you slowly stand up from your spot on the couch, where you've quietly positioned yourself for the past three days. as you slowly walk to slide on your shoes you think about what will happen. will it actually? considering it only made you want to know more. as you reach out for the handle of the door you hear the winds threatening you and your decisions, threatening the piece of wood that barricades it from you. you grab the handle with reassurance and rip the door open. the cold, wet winds burst in and throw everything it can. before walking out you turn and look at your childhood home. the memories rush back to you. faster than you can handle. you see yourself sitting on the stairs with your two best friends getting ready to take the goofy pictures everyone always loved. you glance in the kitchen and see you and your boyfriend sharing your first kiss. you look at the walls and see all the pictures...all the family and the friends. as much you want to you can't. you can't go. you stand there, getting soaked by the rain. you close the door and kick off your shoes. you walk back over to the couch and think about how you're going to tell him what you were going to do. you become frustrated and try not to cry. you hear a door slam...he's home. he walks in the door and kicks off his shoes, slowly walking towards you. he sits next to you and puts your legs in his lap. he glances up at you and smiles...I missed you, baby. you lose it. instantly his smile disappears. he stands up and pulls you into his embrace...baby. you wonder why you ever thought to leave him. he's the best thing you've got, and he knows it. he loves you. open your eyes. wake the hell up. he loves you god damn it. you look up at him...I won't ever leave you. he smiles at you through tears and whispers softly...you have no idea how much I would miss this.

TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHH