Chapter 1

She is my everything. Everything I've ever wanted. In a heartbeat I'd follow her anywhere, if she needs me I'll be at her door in a half an hour tops. She's a light, in the good times when it's sunny, there are other beautiful flashy things to look at, and her light might not compare. She's not seen, but she's consistent. Through the good and the bad, in the dark times, she shines her light and everyone sees her true beauty. She has harder times than anyone, and I crave to change that, yet she smiles her dazzling smile and makes it look so easy. I know it's not though, so I wish to be her superman, fight her battles for her. But I'm nowhere near close, for I'm in a family with little, and I've no strength at all. Yet again, she has it worse than me, and she continues to fight. She is North, North is her, "The" her. The one that I'm willing to stand by and eventually settle down with. It's her decision to choose me though, I'm fine waiting too. North is the closest thing in my life to perfect. But she doesn't have to be, I need her to be what she wants to be. If that means somebody else's girl then I will support her, but I will never marry. That is a promise. 

Until I met North, I've never been so sure of anything. Unfortunately, she is unsure about me. Her struggles surpass those of my own but she is still like a Queen, and I a peasant. Small lifestyle, small house, even my clothes are getting small, but my love for her is huge. My love for her is not just infatuation. Wait, wait, still waiting. 

"Westley!" North calls me from 20 feet away. I stop and wait up for her, which is beginning to look like a pattern. 

"Hey North!" I respond when she's in closer proximity of me. She's doubled up on layers, and she's wearing earmuffs. As the snowflakes find her scarlet cheeks, they melt. Over all, she looks cute.

"Walk me to my class, I have something to tell you about." She tells me, a little too sprightly for such a cold Monday morning. Great combination. Cold. Monday. Morning.