The poor Mother

Once, God created a mother. A very beautiful mother whom everybody liked. She gave her sons and daughters’ shelter, food and everything a man needed in order to survive. But, they took her for granted. As they grow up, they’ve done all the possible things that could harm their mother. They were littering everywhere, from here to there.  They’ve learn how to smoke which weakened the lungs of their mother. They did not care how much pain these wrongdoings can cause the poor mother.

As time passed, their mother became older and weaker. Every now and then she’d cry, but her kids somehow did not notice. Out of all the emotions going through her mind, she said to herself, “This is enough. All I wanted was for my children to be happy and to live a prosperous life. I gave them everything I have. I must teach them a lesson, a lesson that they will never forget before I pass away.”

One day, mother became so angry with her kids that she blew them all away. She wept out of anger. Her tears filled their home. Some of her children died, drowned. Their house was wrecked. Foods were no longer suitable to eat and they have no place for shelter. But, because mother so loved her children, she still forgives them. She gave them again, shelter, food and just everything. But, generation passed and still her kids did the same. Some learnt their lesson but the others who didn’t were dominant.

Someday, when judgement day finally arrives, mother and her children will perish. Everybody has a second chance, but not everybody deserves it. Mother Earth might be angry with us at times but still forgives us to what we have done. So, let’s not take advantage of our poor mother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, since my friend trish a.k.a. PetalsOfARose posted her Flash Fiction, i wanted mine to be posted too! :p wala lang, project namin... although it's not that great. :p