Chapter 1

Carmen
I was always a wealthy child with strict parents. My dad wanted me to become a lawyer, he owned a really huge business in New York City. However, I want to become a musician. I want to be able to express myself throughout my music. My name is Carmen, I'm 17 years old, I grew up in New York City specifically Manhattan and everywhere there's a good and bad side of where you live. My father told me never to go out on the bad side which was "Harlem, Brooklyn and the Bronx". I have a nice light complexion, I am fully Jamaican which some people find hard to believe.
----
I sat at the dinning table with my mother, father and older sister. It was so quiet, all you heard was the plates and forks moving. My father cleared his throat, "So uh Carmen, have you decided what you want to do for your birthday?" He asked "No, I haven't decided yet" I replied. "Well, when you decide let me know soon so that I can make arrangements." He said. I excused my self so that I could get ready to go over to my bestfriend Kayla house.
----
I got dressed, fixed my hair and went in the car. I had my own personal driver. My parents already knew where I was going, I've known Kayla since we were in Pre-K and both of our parents know each other so my parents are never worried when I am with Kayla. When I arrived to Kayla's house, she was home alone. Kayla was also a wealthy kid as well, she had a brown golden skin complexion with medium length black curly hair.

Carmen (Left) Kayla (Right)

"Hey Girl" Kayla hugged me, "Hey" I smiled to her. "Come, I have a plan for your birthday" she said while she dragged me into her dimmed light pink room. "What's the plan?" I sighed. Kayla always came up with crazy plans. "A party" Kayla suggested. "Like a...Elegant 18?" I asked "Yes, wouldn't that be amazing?" She said excitingly. "Yeah one problem though, I only have one friend to invite and that's you" I said. "Carmen, I'll have the guest list in order. Just worry about the location and food." She grabbed her phone out and started to text someone. "A yacht!" I shouted. "A yacht?" Kayla questioned. "Yes! I want the party to be on a yacht" I said enthusiastically. "We could definitely make that work" she smiled......

---------------