How we met

It was the ending of summer, children were getting ready to go back to school. I was 10, my father and I moved to this town after my mother had passed of cancer. I was scared to go to school. Scared of meeting new people. I wasn't the most popular kid at my other school. I generally read books and tend to myself. But for some kids it's fun to pick on the ones who are quiet.

I woke up to my Father yelling at me to get up.
"ASAMI WAKE UP, you don't want to be late for your first day of school!"
I arose from my bed and got dressed in my school uniform. I brushed my long blonde hair and put them in pigtails.
I went downstairs and ate breakfast with my father. We sat in silence and ate our toast and eggs. We never talked much after my mother died. I miss my mother.
"Goodbye father, will I see you when I get home?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"No, I will be home late, but don't forget to do the chores." He replied not even looking at me.
And with that I walked out the door and into the world.

*At school*
My first day of school was just like my other days of school. I would get to school sit and listen to lectures until lunch. Then at lunch I would sit by myself and read.
As the bell rung for lunch something caught my eye. It was a boy my age sitting under a cherry blossom tree reading the exact same book I was reading. I decided that this was my chance at actually encountering a human my age in awhile. I walked up to the boy sitting under the tree.
" um h-hi" I say to him. He looks up at me.
" uh hello" he says.
" I see that we share the same taste in books" I smile and hold up my copy of the book. He smiles and blushes. He gets up and shakes my hand.
" Hi I'm Kaneki ken." He says. I blush.
" I'm Asami."
And that is how I met my friend Kaneki.