Stolen Laptops and Underwater Kisses (A Percabeth Fanfiction)

(This was written by my friend Morgan. Hope you like it!)

Annabeth's POV

"Percy Jackson, I am going to kill you!" I shouted as I chased my crazy boyfriend through camp.

"Gotta catch me first!" he said, looking back at me over his shoulder. Then he picked up speed, rounding the corner of the Big House. I rolled my eyes as I chased him.

The Seaweed Brain had not only stolen my laptop, but he had then proceeded to run off with it and force me to chase him.

I started to run faster, and soon I could see Percy in front of me, headed for the lake.

I sighed inwardly, knowing what he was going to do. Sure enough, the moment Percy got close, he jumped in an arching dive into the lake. I stopped at the edge of the worn wooden dock and peered down into the deep, murky waters beneath me. Then I shrugged, deciding that saving my laptop was worth the trouble, and cannonballed in.

I squinted through the dirty water and almost immediately saw something moving near the lake bottom. I swam down towards it and saw that it was Percy, my laptop tucked securely under his arm. I realized that I would never be able to catch up with Percy, especially with barely any oxygen left in me, so I swam upwards.

The moment my head broke the surface, I sucked in a deep breath. I floated there for a minute, panting, then ducked my head back under.

I quickly spotted Percy sitting on the sand at the lake's bottom with his back to me, waiting. An idea began to form in my mind. I dove deeper into the water, swimming as fast as I could without making too much noise or disturbing the water too much. I was trying to sneak up on him, but Percy noticed me all the same.

As I came closer, he reached a hand out to me. I grabbed it, and he pulled me into an air bubble, where I took a grateful breath.

I looked up at him, where he was holding the laptop above his head, just out of my reach. He had a small smile on his face. I held out a hand, silently saying, gimme.

Percy shook his head and raised the laptop even further above his head. An idea suddenly sparked to life in my mind, and I chose to act on it.

"Please give me my laptop back?" I said sweetly, a smile dancing across my lips.

"Uh-uh." Percy shook his head.

I smiled one more time, then I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him. Percy was surprised for a moment, and I seized my chance. I yanked the laptop out of his grip and pulled away, laughing.

Percy rolled his eyes and sat next to me on the bottom of the bubble. He laughed with me for a moment, then leaned in and kissed me tenderly. I put my arms around his neck and he wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

We sat down there for what seemed like hours, kissing. It was only when we heard the conch shell for dinned that we finally broke apart and swam up to the surface.

After dinner, Percy and I sat out on the beach to watch the beautiful orange sunset. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and it was then that I remembered my laptop, still in the bubble at the bottom of the lake.

"Hey!"