After all these years

Katelyn was an average huntress as she didn't go on a lot of missions like she wanted as a kid. But she still was a kind soul that always helped the town she would stay in for a few weeks. Her bright red hair always in a high ponytail and her pale red almost brown eyes, made it easy for her to stand out. She was a skilled swordswoman sometimes even able to duel wield, as well as her phoenix semblance which gave her the ability to heal her self faster as well as casting small amounts of fire. But she did have her weaknesses, she didn't like deep waters as well as a disliking to fish. Giant fish to be exact.

Katelyn's POV

This time I was in a village on the outskirts of Mistral at the local bar. There were some huntsmen who had lost their way and now search for any job for the right price. I sat down and had ordered a beer. It had been a long day so I thought I'd treat myself for at least one night. I was never the drinking type but it did clam me down me all the stress. As I started to take a drink I over hear a man that sounded like he had too much flirt with the waitress. Poor Tami you can tell she wasn't enjoying his nonsense. "They lady isn't going home with you. I'd suggest you stop." I say. Tami looks my way and smiles as the man's attention is now on me. 

"Thank you Kate, you didn't need too, hear let me pay for your drink." Tami says really fast, walking until she is face to face with me. "Oh please, no need for that. And it's only one drink. I can pay." I say and she leaves to go serve the other customers.

"Thanks for ruining the mood red. I totally had it going to." He says with a small laugh as he scoots closer to me. "And who might you be red?" He says in his husky voice.

"Katelyn. And don't get any ideas please." I say finishing my drink, and turning towards the man to see a pair of red eyes. After taking a glance at him he looked familiar in a way. "Hey don't worry ye little head, I'm a gentleman." He says a bit offended. "Well then, can I learn this 'gentleman's' name?" I ask. He laughs before he says "The one and only huntsman, The great Qrow himself." He bows a bit before taking another shot of whiskey. "Qrow huh? hmmmmm where have I heard that name before. I think it was......aghh?" I say putting my finger on my chin thinking, then putting my hand on my head. "Can't hold your alcohol huh kid?" He says with a smirk on his face. "Shut it.... I'm not a drinker..." I say before lifting my head. "Ya know now that you say it, I do remember a Katelyn from my years at Beacon." He says taking another shot.

"Heh funny, I actually went to beacon...agh. Sorry to cut it short but I might wanna go before I do anything stupid." I say getting up putting some cash on the table and walking out. With Qrow watching me leave before taking another shot."Katelyn huh?" he mumbles.

Once I get home I take a shower and lay down on the bed with on thought on my mind. Qrow from Beacon academy......Oh god 

Flashback Freshman year of beacon

We were all lined up to be thrown into the emerald forest to find our partners. I was right next to a black haired boy who was starring at all the girls when he looked at me I saw his red eyes that captivated me. He winked and I quickly turned my head blushing like crazy. That's when we were thrown into the air, I was a bit scared to be honest. So i took out my swords and stabbed it to the nearest tree letting me side down the tree easily. Now all i have to do is find someone. I started to walk forward, when i heard growling I stopped in my tracks. Grimm.  

I looked from behind a bush to see a pack of them. I pull out my swords and swiftly attacked the closest one to me gaining attention from the others. One charged towards me and i duck sweeping my legs under it's, making it fall forward and throwing one of my swords at it's face. Another tried to attack from behind so i jumped forward grabbing my sword that  was on the ground, getting in a defensive position. But before it could attack again it was killed by someone shooting it  from behind. She smirked at me before saying "That was some pretty nice moves." She had pastel purple hair to go with her magenta eyes, holding her weapon that was a spear that was also a sniper rifle. "We should probably head into the center to get whatever we need. Come on Partner." She said as she started running towards the center.

"Hey wait!" I started to run after her "I didn't get your name?!" I say and she laughs a bit "It's Lila sweetheart." she replies as we reach the center. "And yours?"  "Katelyn"

Walk towards what seemed to be what we were supposed to get, they were chess pieces. We seemed to be the first ones, Lila walked up to grab one while I  stayed in the field waiting for her. I started to think of that boy who winked at me. He was pretty cute. I started to blush as I drifted into thought. "Katelyn!!" Lila snapped me into reality I turn around to be only a few inches away from a baeowolf's claw. I had no time to get out of the way fast enough, my eyes widened in fear. Until a sword went through the grimm killing it. It was him.  I fell to my knees in shock of what just happened. "You know you should be more careful. We wouldn't want that pretty face to get hurt now." he smirked as he extended his hand to me. I gladly take it as he pulls me up. "Katelyn"I say but he looks at me with a confused look. I drop his hand and rub the back of my neck. "Oh I mean thank you for saving me I just wanted to tell you my name since you did save me and you winked at me back at the launching pads and my name is Katelyn" I say super fast but slow down to tell him my name. He smirks and grabs my other hand "The pleasure is mine."He says in his husky voice as he kisses my hand. "Names Qrow" 

After  we finished our mission in the emerald forest we were in the auditorium waiting for teams to be decided. I ended up being apart of team LIAK (lilac) consisting of Lila as our leader, Illusion, Ara, And me. I saw that Qrow became apart of team STRQ, they sat in front of us and he turned his head around to me and winked again. I Quickly covered my face with my hand to hide the massive blush. Why am I blushing?!

Present day

I woke up with a headache thinking about the past. "Qrow....... pfttt and after all these years. I finally get to see your face again." I smile thinking of all the things the future has planned for me.