Cinderella: A Modern Love Story 14

I'm a terrible procrastinator. TAKE ME NOW JESUS!! I DESERVE IT!! I can't force my self up those steps, and I realized some thing in the last almost 25 minutes.... I was a weakling. And not the good kind, who hide it well, the weak one. Who can't force herself up the steps to go talk to someone she cares about and make sure he was ok. I was a terrible friend. Izzy would've been there in a heartbeat making sure I was ok, hell a millisecond if he could. And it had taken me over 20 minutes to do it, well almost do it.

I was currently sitting in the kitchen, at the bar, on a stool. Not drinking, eating, or speaking with anyone. Sulking. Pissed at myself. But still no much how mad I got I stayed rooted, unable to move. Let me explain the situation:

I had marched into the house like a strong girl, with my head held high and shoulders relaxed... I hadn't even made it to the steps before my feet failed to stop moving; or rather move the opposite direction. Which was how I made it to the bar. Lots of people came up and talked to me, but when I wouldn't really show that I cared they would leave getting the point. I know I was a bitch, but hey, I'm in a shitty mood.

I watched as I saw Savanna come into the house with Xavier. They were a cute couple. He wasn't scared to tell her how much he liked her though; I was. And I didn't know what Izzy's problem was, he was just confusing.

Another 7 minutes had passed. 'It's now or never' I thought as I stood up, making sure Savanna never saw me. I made my way up the steps, slowly.

I had knocked. No answer. I had knocked again. No answer. I knocked again. NO ANSWER. I quit and opened the door.

I could hear the music pounding so loud in my ears it was as if I was standing right next to a speaker. But I wasn't, I was standing in the middle of Izaiah's room wondering where the hell he was. I came to the conclusion that he must be in the bathroom since the door was closed.

'Well you can't say I didn't try' I thought as I walked back towards the exit. Well, until his very voice stopped me. "Ah shit!!" I screamed as his voice came out of know where. "They really need to turn that music down!" Goodness, I couldn't hear shit. Not even the door opening!

He didn't even looked phased by my blow up, just stood their with a 'that chick is crazy' expression and looked at me. Did I mention he was only wearing a towel? I mean shorts were bad enough but only a towel?! I could barely keep my eyes from travelling down, hell I probably looked like I was struggling... or nervous. Which I was.

We were standing kind of awkwardly when I spoke. "Um, well I came to talk to you." He crossed his arms. "WHY?????!!!" My brain screamed. "That's kind of obvious Ari, I doubt you would all the way up the steps just to stand there and stare at me."

"Oh I was not staring!" I said as it looked like we were going into one of our famous unnecessary fights.

"Oh Yes you were!" He argued and made the same face I did mimicking me. "Oh... Well... Whatever Izaiah. "I took a deep breath. " I came to see if you were all right." He dodged my eyes now as he stood there. For a while he didn't even respond, just looked uncomfortably around. Then he walked towards the closet, then changed his mind and went to his drawers.

I don't like being ignored at all, so by now I was clearly annoyed. "Are you going to answer me?" No answer. "Izaiah?" His back was to me as he went through his drawers. I saw a velvety box fall out and he quickly kicked under his dresser. I let my eyes slowly creep up his legs and back and neck before finally making it to his head. Making sure he felt my eyes on him. "What was that?" That got a response from him. He quickly shook his head. "Nothing. Nothing. Look you need to turn your head or you're going to see something you might not be want to." He said easily, rolling off his tongue. I don't know why but it my head it didn't sound right; knowing something was bothering him yet him acting fine. "Are you going to answer my question?... And anyway it's not like your gonna just drop you're-." He dropped it. And I quickly turned around as my eyes strained from the corners to still see. Man he had a nice ass. "O...K... Never mind then."