A rainy night

It was pouring down so hard I liked to think the angels pool had leaked;though of course I don't think they'd have a pool because they're so uptight. Anyways it was raining really hard and I was pretty sure my toes had frostbite due to walking straight through a puddle earlier. I saw my home come into view and ran onto the porch making sure to take off my boots so the floor would stay mud-free. Once inside my pajamas were on and a mug of hot coca was heating up. It had been three months since Helen had been captured and isolated from everyone and a wave of depression and loneliness hit me so hard I almost cried. My hands started to shake and I collapsed onto the couch pulling a blanket over my body to try and protect myself from my thoughts that bombarded me with the memory of her being quite literally torn away from me. But it failed as this feebly attempt did most times and tears spilled streaking my face and staining the blanket." Oh God Helen I'm so sorry... I couldn't save you I'm so sorry it's my fault! It's my fault and there's nothing I can do about it!"My sobbing was interrupted by a loud beep and I jumped realizing it was the microwave and I needed to get up. So I fetched my beverage and curled up under the blanket letting the heat of my cocoa comfort me and soon after fell asleep to the sound of the rain. (hey guys I'm so sorry for taking so long to finish and upload this chapter I need an editor and I haven't had much motivation so I procastinated. I'm also sorry for the chapter being short but that's all I could think of at the moment. Thanks for being patient and I hope you're enjoying it so far!)