Isolation [Introduction]

One explosion. Another one. I look out the window of my escape pod frantically. Orange. Red. Colors litter the side of our space vessel. I slam my hand down on the projection. I look down towards the thick glass floor. A planet. It's covered in blue. There's a tiny speck of green. Ejection procedure confirmed. User 05 DNA signature confirmed. Launching. I punch on the recognition hardware. "Hurry up, hurry up!" I hear someone banging on the entry hatch to my escape pod.

          I see a face through the hatch window. She's screaming. Her brown hair and blue eyes, her pale face. Laura. A hand grabs her shoulder. I get a quick glance at who the hand belongs to. Glasses, a beanie covering black hair, amber eyes. Samuel. I scramble over to the doorway, struggling to shove the door open.

          Launching in T - Minus 10... Shit. 9... I try pulling the door open. No use. 8... I try slamming on the emergency door release button. The door opens a crack. It closes. "Dammit!" 7... 6... I look through the hatch, and see Samuel looking at me. He nods down to the button. 5... He holds up an broken pipe. That's it. 4... I slam quickly on the button, he shoves the pipe into the small crack. The pipe falls. I push. As hard as I can. The door creaks open. Samuel and Laura pull the door open on the opposite side. Samuel slips through. 3... Laura steps through. She gets pulled back. Her dress is caught on a stray pipe protruding from the wall. Samuel runs over to the control panel, his glasses dropping. I scramble for a sharp piece of metal on the ground. 2... With a quick swipe, the bottom of Laura's dress is ripped. She stumbles and falls into the pod. 1... The door slams shut. 0. Thrusters engaging. All openings sealed. Launch commencing. Another explosion. Then...

Silence.

________________________________

Heya! Thanks for reading the introduction to my first story, Submerged Paradise! Hopefully, you liked it, and more parts are coming soon, most likely in the next few days. Until then! - Nate