Chapter 1

Chapter 1

 "Wait a minute!" I yelled at the men in front of me. I stared wide eyed as random, but expensive boys clothing was thrown at me.

"I'm sorry Charlotte, but we are in quite a hurry!" The grown man told me.

I sighed. What had happened to get me in this position? Just 2 hours ago, I was just a normal, boring girl, who just wanted to buy some ingredients for the day's dinner.

I walked around in the town's center, where the best ingredients are sold. With a few bags in my hand that I had bought for a cheap price, I was in a happy mood. While thinking about tonight's dinner, I continued walking around, eyeing the fruits and vegetables. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted.

"William!" My arm was pulled as I spun around. I was faced with a middle-aged stranger, gray eyes that mismatched with his blonde hair. His eyes were filled with relief, until he took a careful look at my face. A look of confusion replaced his relieved one.

"You're a girl?" He asked, beginning to panick.I glared at the man. First he comes in and surprises me, and now he's insulting me?

"Of course I'm a girl. I might be fourteen, but I'm still growing! I exclaimed, bitterness in my words. The man seemed surprised with my outburst.

"Oh no!" He quickly replied. "I didn't mean to insult you. Its just that you, young lady, look like a boy I know very well. What is your name?" He asked.

I took a few steps back, seeing as the man had release my arm a few moments ago. With a cautious tone, I replied. " I'm sorry Mister, you don't seem like a bad guy, but you don't expect me to just give my name to a stranger, do you?" I asked. Many say I have a very blunt personality and I am starting to agree with them. With regret rising in my stomach I wonder if I shoud have said that.

"Ah, I guess your right. I wonder if this would help?" The said man pulled out a badge, one with our country, Magnolias, symbol on it. The badge was black and purple, with 2 knights on horses facing each other. The badge stroke a realization in me.

"You're a royal knight?" I asked, getting a little worried. A royal knight held a position close to a noble. They were respected, by commoners, the rich, and even the king himself. If I had done something to offend him, who knows what will happen to me?

"Yes," he replied with a smile. "Will you tell me your name now?" He asked. Afraid to get into any further trouble, I replied. "I'm Charlotte. Charlotte Westwood." He smiled. I held my breath, wondering if the smile is a good thing or bad thing. Suddenly I was picked off the ground, feet dangling in the air.

"W-wait what are you doing?" I cried out. Faced with the man's back I started freaking out. Screw this, there was no way I'm letting a man kidnap me willingly, royal knight or not. Thrashing around, I cried out. "HELP!" A few looked up, but no one made an effort to rescue me. They must've seen the royal badge. Cowards.

"Relax, Miss," he said. "I just have official business with you." The man began walking towards something I couldn't see. Suddenly I was set onto something soft. Instinctively, I reached out, accidentally touching the something's fur.

Creature was the only way I can describe it. Too beautiful to be called a horse. It was white, the most pure I have ever seen. One could even call it magical. It seemed to lean into my touch. Oddly, I felt like I was reunited with a long time friend. Yes, I was good with animals, but I have never felt anything like this before.

"Maximus," I unconsciously said.

"How did you know?" The man said in surprise. "I don't know. I guess he just looks like a Maximus," I said, just as confused as he was.

"Well, you're right. Maximus is the best of the best, usually used by the royal prince himself," he said. "I see," I replied.

Suddenly, Maximus moved foward. I then remembered that I was being kidnapped. Even so, I was no longer afraid, but rather calm. Falling in love at first sight with a horse does that to you. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going," the man said in an excited tone, "to the castle."

AN: Yeah, so the setting is probably confusing to all you readers out there. It still is to me. Let's just say it's not in our world, so not in the past, present or future in our world. The setting is in a place similar to us, but the clothing and traditions are a little more medieval. I'm still working on it. Thanks for reading!