Terrible Things

Kise stared at his laptop for a moment. His fingers on his chin and wondering. "Hmm. This song again? Why is this popular nowadays?" he said to himself. "Hey dad! What are you doing?" his 12-year-old son walked in. "Hey [Son's Name]cchi~! Let's watch this video together-ssu! " Kise said cheerfully. His son nodded and sat down with his father. "They have been recommending this song to me-ssu! Even Akashi-cchi says it's really good!" Kise said as he clicked to play the video.

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything

To fall in love truly, was all I could think

That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams

The most beautiful woman, that I'd ever seen

That moment, Kise remembered how he first noticed her. He was having a rough day, not to mention, he needed some comfort and reassurance. Being a model isn't as easy as it looks. The spotlight, the fans, the overwhelming pressure, it's just too much for him. His thoughts were turning dark and he's aware of it. He needed someone to talk to.

It was almost sunset when he was mindlessly strolling through the school gardens. He successfully escaped his fangirls and he was more than happy to have a quiet time for himself. He suddenly stopped in his tracks when he saw a girl sitting on the bench and reading a book. Kise's heart started racing as he unconsciously walked towards her. A thousand thoughts raced through his mind at once:

"Who is she?"

"Is she a fangirl too?"

"She looks pretty."

"Should I talk to her?"

"Well, if she's my fan, I wouldn't mind. It should be easy for me to get close to her."

As he got closer he saw her beautiful [Eye Color] eyes and her [Hair length] and [Hair color]. He knew her. She was in his class. Her name is [Name]. He cursed at himself for noticing her only now. She wasn't like his fans. She never tried to flirt with him. She never made herself be obnoxiously loud. She's the only one that treated Kise like the normal student that he should be.

Kise was snapped out of his thoughts when [Name] suddenly snapped his fingers in front of his face. "Hey! Why are you staring at me? Are you okay?" she asked. He blushed as he only realized what he was doing. He started to panic, "A-Ah [Name]-cchi! I-I'm s-sorry! I-I was j-just finding a good place to h-hide-ssu!" he said in a rush. "Hide? From your fangirls huh?" she replied. Kise only nodded embarrassed enough not to speak. He didn't think he would stutter when talking to her. "Well, this is a good place to hide. It's quiet, you can stay if you want. I'll be going home anyway." [Name] said. She started to gather her things and stood up. "W-Wait [Name]-cchi! Uhm.. D-Don't go yet-ssu." Kise said as he tried to block [Name]'s way. She looked at him surprised, Kise flinched and nervously spoke "Don't go yet [Name]-cchi. I want you to stay, if that's alright with you-ssu.". [Name]'s eyes widened for a second as she smiled a little. "Sure. Why not?"

She said, "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?

I can't help but notice, you're staring at me.

I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe,

I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

Now, son, I'm only telling you this

Because life can do terrible things.

It has been months after Kise and [Name] got close. She honestly didn't expect Kise to come and approach her first since she's just an ordinary girl. They were just sitting down on the bench on the school's garden, enjoying each other's company. "Hey Kise." She said, "Why are you hanging out with me? I mean, there's other girls that are much more prettier and more fun to be with. I'm just a boring normal girl with nothing to brag." Smiling sadly, Kise didn't hesitate to reply. "Don't say that [Name]-cchi! You're really pretty and fun to be with! I really admire you and I choose to hang out with you rather than those other girls-ssu!" [Name] blushed as she stared at Kise wide eyed. "K-Kise, I—"