Part 6

Jieun POV

I didn't hear anyone come in the house. But when someone took off my shoes and placed a blanket over me, I woke up. Not so suddenly. I opened my eyes to see who it was. Baekhyun started to settle down on the ground with his legs crossed and head dropped down.

"I broke up with Sora." he started talking.

I was shocked. Did he see that I was awake?

"But I don't seem to care too much. Like I'm not even crying. And..." he trailed off, and looked behind where I was listening.

"Oh, you're awake..." he said quietly. "So, you heard everything..."

He got up and sat on the end of the couch and looked intently at me.

"W..what?" I asked.

"Well.. don't you feel more at ease, that you're living with someone who's single.. now?"

I had to think for a moment. Maybe? Not really? I had to conclude that I didn't know.

"I don't care whether you're dating someone or not." I said harshly before getting off the couch and going upstairs to my bedroom.

I closed the door behind me and loudly sighed to myself.

Baekhyun POV

I started seeing Jieun more often during classes, but she still kept her distance from me and completely ignored me. During my morning lecture, Sora texted me.

"oppa, i wont ask u to forgive me. i know u dont want to talk to me, but it was rlly a misunderstanding. it doesnt matter if u dont reply my message, just meet me at the cafe. pls."

I let out a really big sigh. I was sitting in the front row, and the professor looked over her glasses at me.

"Byun Baekhyun? Am I boring you? Do you want to read then?" she said with a stiff face.

"Sorry miss. I do not want to read."

She gave a last death glare and continued reading an extract of a poem from the Joseon Dynasty.

Jieun POV

Right after my lectures, my mom called me.

"Jieun! Do you think you can come by our house this afternoon?"

"Uhm... yea okay I'll come now."

"I have some news for you, okay?"

"Okay...what news?"

"I want to talk to you in person. I'm not sure if its good news or bad news."

"Right...well I'm coming so we'll talk then." I said before hanging up.

As I quickly exited the building, I bumped into...Baekhyun.

"Oh hey, Jieun. Where are you going in such a rush?"

"Just somewhere..."

"You mean you're not going back to our house, again?"

He kept following me, until we arrived at the steps of my house.

"Ah... can I come in?"

I gave him a glare. I got the keys from under the doormat and unlocked the door. Just as I was going to slam the door in his face, my mom popped out of nowhere.

"Jieun! Quickly come in, I want to show- Byun Baekhyun?" she was dragging my hands, when she saw him.

"Baekhyun! Please do come in. I actually have news for both of you!"

I looked at my mom, screwing my face. What sort of news, that she was going to tell me, involved him? As we entered the living room, the place where we first officially met, my mum insisted we sit.

"Please sit. I'm not sure how to start this, but..." she trailed off.

"But what?" I asked.

"Are you two getting on well together? I heard that Baekhyun, you're are dating someone. I just hope that you don't let the others know."

"Others?" I asked.

"All my friends know though...." Baekhyun paused for a long time, before continuing again. "I mean, I..uh...broke up with her already."

"Oh really?" my mom said, clearly not trying hard to hide the fact she was happy. I gave her a look of disgust.

"But what do you mean by others?" I asked again.

"The people who will be...attending your ceremony."

"C..ceremony? You mean wedding ceremony?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yes, that's right. And tomorrow's the day." my mom replied. She looked at me, trying to cheer me up. "Remember it is only for 6 months." she held my hand.

I looked away, trying to hold in my whatever emotions. Anger, but not really anger. Annoyance, but there wasn't much to be annoyed at.

"You guys are going to cooperate, right?" she asked.

"Yes, mother." Baekhyun said.

I gave her a groggish smile, before taking off. I sped walked all the way to our house.

"Hey, why do you walk so fast?." Baekhyun said out of breath. He caught up, as I unlocked the door.

I stormed into the kitchen and faced the fridge, not knowing what to do next.

"Jieun? Are you angry?" he came into the kitchen.

"What?" I said, slightly louder than I was planning. "Yes, mother? pffttt..." I mocked.

"Well, that's what I'll have to call her, from tomorrow anyway..."

"Tomorrow.." I said. Tomorrow, I mentally repeated to myself. Tomorrow was the day.