Chapter 1

Maddie's P.O.V.

---------------------

The girl was just staring at me with her glaring red eyes. She didn't move, she just sat there, with her hair in the front of her face and her red eyes peeking out from them. Then, like it came from nowhere, there was children singing. Their voices were echoing throughout the whole room. They chanted and laughed. There were only voices, there wasn't any child visible except for the girl. They kept singing and laughing. I closed my eyes tightly and cried. There were voices in my head. Voices of my grandfather. They said, "The eye of the demon is red with hatred and danger." That voice kept on echoing in my head. Suddenly I flashed my eyes open and the girl was right in front of my face, her red eyes glaring into mine and burning my eyes. Then something happened. My arms were gone, they disapeared. After a few seconds, my legs disapeared too. Then, my voice vanquished, and I couldn't speak. The children's laughter was loud in my ear, when I just couldn't take it anymore...

********

NOOOOO!" I screamed "I'M GOING TO DIE! HELP ME!" I stopped, realizing I woke up on my bed and the sun shone brightly on my face.

"MADDIE?!" My mother came in with confusion and fear. She held me tight. "Are you okay sweetie?" She hugs me.

"I had that nightmare again..." I paused and then continued, "Why is it always me?" She sighed. I closed my eyes again.

"Dreams happen because they have a meaning and-"

"This isn't a dream, it's a nightmare," I cut in "And what is it supposed to mean? That I am going to die?" She looked indignant.

"NO MADDIE!" Her toned sweetened "You are not going to die!"

"How do you know that?" I was full of anger "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!" My eyes widened and I shut my mouth. I should never yell at mother.

She looked very upset but continued. "I know this because I have hope." She looks at the ceiling "I have hope that the nightmare isn't true. And you should have hope as well." She stares at me for a while, sighs, and leaves my room.

I am confused. First she said that I was going to die. Now she is saying that she has hope that I won't?

Mother's P.O.V.

--------------------

What's wrong with Maddison? Ugh. That nightmare is driving her crazy! Poor girl hasn't slept normally for the past month!

I walk into the kitchen and sigh. My little Maddie is being haunted by her own dream! Well, nightmare. Whatever that means, it can't be good.