Orion Star: Summary of Book I

Over 100 years ago, Earth was nearly destroyed. Civilization itself was torn apart as each person struggled to survive in a war humanity had brought upon themselves. The conflict lasted for six years, until a hero arose from the rank of soldier and led the free people to victory.

During the aftermath of the war, humankind discovered the existence of sentient extraterrestrial life. After establishing communications, humans plead for help in remaking their damaged world. As bonds strengthened between the species, the humans joined the United Star Systems, a universal federation of alien races determined to keep peace throughout the Universe.

Orion Star, eighteen-year-old descendant of Earth's savior, lives a comfortable life as the head of Saturn Technologies, the Universe's leading device company. He is famous, rich, and ingenious. He is also alone; his father died seven years ago, and his mother disguises her pain by devoting herself to the ongoing battle against the rebellion that claimed his life.

For seven years, Orion believed that his father's starship had malfunctioned, killing the entire crew. It was a lie.

After learning that his father was murdered during the Second Universal War, Orion sets out to find the killer. Following in his footsteps, Orion travels to a distant planet, the same that his father's team was last seen on before their mission was initiated. So close to his first answer, he is kidnapped by the Insurgent Alliance, a rebel faction opposing the United Star Systems. Imprisoned by his enemies, Orion has lost the only lead to his father's murderer. Helpless and trapped, he has no other choice but to follow his captor's orders and hope he can survive long enough to escape his prison and regain the trail of his father's killer. However, the culprit may not be far from Orion's grasp after all.