Skyform

Prologue

On earth in the year 2216, mankind invented a super drug that could half the aging process. As a result, the human race soon became over populated. People traveled in droves to populate a new planet called Callidima, located within a newly discovered star system. The planet was inhabitable and giant underground glass eco systems were constructed to filter oxygen into the planets atmosphere. The eco systems were hundreds of miles long. This process took twenty years. Even then, only 66% of the planet was breathable. Callidima was five times larger than earth but did not have its own sun. Giant floodlights lit up billboards, massive holographic projectors populated surface's of buildings, displaying advertisements that helped light streets. Roamer bots were also deployed with built in high powered halogen spotlights. The shuttle across cost twenty two thousand credits and initially, only 24% of earth’s residents could afford the trip. Most of these were morally corrupt bankers, lawyers, stockbrokers and master criminals. The year is now 2332, over 100 years later. Somerstein, a district of Callidima is run by criminals. Cybernetic augmentation is now a massive industry and the Krytek Corporation own two thirds of the city's wealth and power.

Chapter 1: S.O.L

Nathan was in some kind of research laboratory. Around him, people were operating machinery but he couldn't make out their face's. Soundproofing covered the walls. They were building something. He walked over to a window and peered out. There was an eight foot wire fence around the perimeter of the building and nothing else for miles. Wherever they were, it was top secret. He turned around and gasped as a faceless figure stood inches before him. There was scrambled lines running down its face in place of its features. It tried to speak but Nathan couldn't make out what it was saying in its low monotone voice. "I can't hear you" he said. It grabbed Nathan's shoulders and pulled him close. Nathan felt its power and stumbled to the ground. The scrambled face changed to that of a small child. "Please don't kill us" it said. Nathan watched as the child's eyes started bleeding profusely. He couldn't free himself from its grasp, it was too strong. He was pushed to the ground. It’s mouth opened to reveal some giant blood drenched fangs. "Don't try to resist us Nathan, this is your destiny" The fangs made a lunge for Nathan's face Nathan jolted suddenly and woke up, he was on the floor in his apartment.

He didn't recall how he got there as his bed was the other side of the room. He was disoriented but didn't feel too tired. The back of his neck felt hot. He sat up, took a deep breath, shuffled to his feet and headed for the fridge. He pulled out a protein shake he'd prepared and began to drink. Nathan couldn't explain the dreams. He'd been having them for about two years, every night the same theme but recently they had got worse, more graphic. His room was furnished in a minimalistic style and was decorated in a metallic grey with a full stainless steel kitchen. Nathan was part of the sons of liberty Resistance Movement or S.O.L for short, they operated under the radar. Mounted to the wall next to the door was an infastream unit, a wireless communication device that projected a full scale, three dimensional holographic image of the person calling in the centre of the room. Every place of residence was fitted with one. It contained a locality chip which automatically sent clusters of information regarding who people were and where they were located to the authorities as a precaution whenever used. Nathan's had been hacked by S.O.L to protect his identity. He stumbled over to his bed and slumped down and tried to understand the dreams. It was 3:30am in the morning, how long had he been asleep?

There was a buzzing emanating from the infastream. Nathan spoke "pass-code, Nathan 4175" The communication channel was opened and a life size ghostly image of a man appeared in the centre of the room. He was dressed in a dark suit and tie. Nathan recognized him but let him speak. "Are you Nathan Davis of the Sons of Liberty?" "Yes" responded Nathan. "This is chief commissioner Solomon Kingsley of Somerstein Policing Corp" "I know who you are" Nathan replied.” "How did you find me, this channel is encrypted?" "Lieutenant Johns of S.O.L informed me of your location" "He suggested you for the job" "What job?" Nathan asked. "Ahh well, it’s an extraction"