Monsters

By: Kit Valintine
Hope u enjoy~

        When I was young I learned that some fairy tales or legends used to scare your children into behaving are true. I'm not saying all are real but, I've went through something I don't think I'll ever forget.

       At the age of 9 my parents would tell me to be in bed by eight, make sure to shut my door, and turn on my closet light then shut it. Or the monster will get me. I had a pretty normal family my mom, dad, and little brother. My brother was a year younger than me and more stubborn to me. Anyway, my parents called this creature monster, thing, it, and they. They aren't the most creative names of all time, but it gave enough mystery to scare me as a child. I knew my parents were kidding about this thing but I still listened to it. On the other hand my brother was blunt about this monster. He calmed when he sees it he will beat it up, but I went with it. So I went through the nightly chores of getting ready for bed like normal. After my mother put me to bed I fell asleep.

      I woken up from a large thump in the middle of the night. I became curious what it was. I got up as my feet touched the cold floor, and skid across the floor at quietly as possible to the door. I opened it cautiously thinking of an excuse I could tell my parents if I was caught. I shuffled out of my room successful in making as little noises as I could. I looked around in the hallway. I light shown through the bathroom right acrossed from my brothers. Which was wide open. I moved slow to make sure I didn't step on any creeky floor boards. When I got closer to his floor. My bare foot stepped in a puddle of warm liquid. I guessed that he just needed to pee but didn't make it. Till I leaned over to look in his room and seen a large figure leaning over his bed. With a rather shiny object followed with various splashing and cracking sounds. My stomach starting to turn and sink the smell of iron filled the air. My feet felt heavy as I thought of running to my mom and dad screaming but he would hear me, it will here me. I backed up and an immediate creek sounded from my feet. And the sounds stopped. I paused in place not moving a muscle. Finally the sounds began again unsettling slurping sounds I turned around and started heading to my parents room I opened it and they were fast asleep. I shut the door and tears became spilling out of my eyes in fear. I  woke then up by bouncing on the bed whispering over and over," The monster is getting Jake! The monster is getting Jake!" They both look at me tiredly not understanding wait I was saying first finally they realized what was going on. My father stood up and grabbed the pistol out from under the bed and started walking out of the door with a large bang he kicks  the door open. My mom grab her phone then she and ran out of the house and immediately called the police. I wish I could say that my dad survived and killed it. I remember when the police investigated me I was just a child and I didn't take much time to look at it.

       A couple days ago I brought it back up with my mother about the accident. She told me that it was a person that killed him and that they never knew about his disaster. Tears ran down her cheeks as she told me she loved me and nothing will happen to me and she is sorry.

      I began thinking about this. The man must have crept into his room through the window went near his bed. Strangled him to death as he struggled making a large thud. Then began to cut him open and eat his inside like someone enjoying a piece of chicken of a chicken leg but instead it's an arm.

       Even though this catastrophe happened. I think I learned something new out of this. The real monsters are humans. Nothing can be so barbaric than the human race. So next time your parents say to take precautions as a child. There trying to save you from the world of monsters that won't hesitate to kill to and eat you from the inside out.