Intro

'Hé Cyn, can you pass me a drink?' Robin, my best friend, asks me.

I look behind me, lean over the couch and grab a ginger ale. 'Here, catch!' I shout as I throw her the bottle.

She catches it and leans back, taking a swig. I look around me at all my friends who gathered here to talk about our plans for our summer vacation. We all wanted to do something together and have been talking about it for quite a while. We haven't been able to decide yet, though.

Chelsie hates pools. She says their just big bath tubs filled with bacteria. Lucas, or Luke, doesn't want to go to a place with a beach, because he hates that the sand gets everywhere. Samual, aka Sam, is afraid that if we go to a place that doesn't provide enough shade, his skin will turn way to dark. His skin tone has always been a sensitive subject, seen the fact he was bullied when he was younger and Jack just wants a place where he can do lots of stunts. He is a real thrill seeker.

Robin and I don't really have a preference. We just want to go somewhere together, as a group, and have fun. That won't happen though if we can't think of a destination.

'Okay, so does anyone have an idea as to where we are going to go?' Robin asks.

'Well, we could go to Crete?' Luke suggests, while trying to get his blond hair out of his face. He really needs a haircut. His sky blue eyes are getting covered up. Such a shame.

'No, the sun is way to strong there. I will turn into a Nigerian.' Samual complaints. With his Latin mother and his Suriname dad, his skin tone is already pretty tinted. I do think it is horrible that he got bullied because of it, but I don't think he should still be this worried about it. If anything were to happen, we covered his back after all.

'Let's go to Croatia! I heard that you can go kayaking and mountain biking in Dalmatia. Doesn't that sound awesome!' Jack proposes. You can see the glister in his green eyes. He's exited.

'I'm not going mountain biking just to get covered in mud. That is so gross.' Chelsie grumbles, her nose crunching up in disgust from just the idea. With her bleach blond hair and frail figure she looks just like a Barbie doll. But you can't be fooled. This girl can be venomous and adventures. She is always in for the most stupid ideas and helps whenever we need it. She sasses the living hell out of anyone who messes with her, her friend or her family. It's actually really funny to see her go all Medusa on people. The only thing missing are the snakes.

A symphony of sighs is heard around our group and everyone slouches back in their seats. The way this is going, it seems we will stay home this vacation. Maybe we can just go on day trips? Go biking, visit festivals, skiing in a Ski resort... Skiing? ...Skiing!

'Guys, we could go skiing!' I yell out, jumping out of my chair and surprising everyone. Jack even falls out of his chair since he was balancing it on the back legs. I can't even laugh at how funny he looks, since I'm way to excited over my idea. No sand, there is sun but we will be wearing thick clothes, no need for pools and the skiing or snowboarding should be thrilling enough. This is the destination we will all be happy with!

'Hey yeah, skiing. That sounds awesome!' Robin jumps in, coming to sit straight up in her chair. 'We will have everything we are looking for and the things we don't want, we don't need or we won't be bothered with!' Her brown curls are dancing exited around her shoulders and her bright green eyes seem to sparkle. Yup, that's two for the skiing idea. I look around me, noticing for a first that Jack is still on the ground with a confused look on his face. I start to giggle and Robin looks towards Jack as well. She, too, starts to laugh and soon the others follow, while Jack's cheeks start to color pink.