Prologue

"Now remember, Kaine... There are people out there who want to kill you. They want to erase us from existence. It's your job to stay alive. Don't get distracted, or you won't survive." His mother whispered, gripping his arms and kneeling on the floor in front of him. Her eyes looked wild, crazy, and she was often mocked for no reason. Kaine had watched from the sidelines as his mother was punished. She wasn't married; she never had been.

Kaine had been a mistake, and he knew that. He had learned it from a young age, when a mother and her child were walking by, and she purposefully moved herself and her child so they wouldn't touch him. When he asked his mother why she did that she told him an accident had happened. She said she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was seven when she said this, and everyday, it would play over and over again in his head.

He grew up without friends, without emotions, and without a father. He discovered he was a werewolf one day, in the woods, when he was trying to find ways to entertain himself. He didn't even know he changed until he stopped at a pond to get water. There, in the reflection, was a huge white wolf looking back at him. It was him, and he didn't know how. When he got home, he asked his mother, who just looked at him with tears in her eyes. She started muttering random things, like 'its his fault', or 'stupid cabbage.'

He didn't know what was seeing with him, he just knew it was his "father's" fault. He took up a past time to forget about life. He would run to another state where no one knew him, and he would play basketball or football. He didn't know much about it, so the people he played with explained the rules. But when he began running freakishly fast in front of them, they discovered the very thing he was trying to hide. He was a werewolf, and nothing could stop him.

At 17, he started to have problems. At school, his class -the entire class- received training on paranormal hunting. At that point in life, they all knew about the paranormal, and how to spot one. He was able to sneak into most of the classes undetected, using skills he learned to remain that way. This wasn't the only problem, though. He got angry.