Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

"Close every door to me. Hide all the world from me. Bar all the windows and shut out the light. Do what you want with me. Hate me and laugh at me. Darken my day time and torture my night."

"He sings beautifully Kelcie,"I said. I propped my right leg on my left and looked on intrigued by the things i've seen and heard.

"I know right! I'm so excited for this play!"Kelcie screamed. She adjusted her costume as the singing narrator. Her next song was coming up soon along with ensemble. The disco scene!

"You all will be great. I cannot wait any longer to see the show." Honestly, I didn't. The show was a little more than 2 weeks away and I was so ready. So ready. The cast went on a 10 minute break as we spoke.

"Hey intern!"one of the actors yelled for me. Josh Davis...Kelcie's 14 year old bestie. I staggered over.

"I have a name, ya know."

"I am so sorry...can you run it by me again,"he said charmingly. His beautiful light brown eyes and perfect hair could charm any girl....and I mean any.

"I...uh...it's..uh...Shadarria." He gave me an uneasy look and opened his mouth to speak. I knew what was coming.

"Just call me Shay...ok?" He nodded.

"As you know I'm part of the song Grovel...ya know, the one where we beg for food."

"Mhmm..."

"How should I sing grovel? Low, middle, or high?"

"I think you should consider your character in this....what is Zebulin like?"

"He's masculine and tough...and good with the ladies." He flexed his muscles and winked. I scoffed.

"Uh...ok. Then, you would sing low. A masculine voice is a low voice."

"Wow...that was easier than I thought. Thanks Shay!" He ran towards the stage for the rovel scene.

"Wait! Wait!....Shadarria...I need your help." The actor for Joseph asked. I didn't remember his name.

"Yes."

"When I sing "I rather like the way you're talking. Astute and sincere. Suddenly your tragic story,it gets me right here" do I emphasize any words?"

"Absolutely! Emphasize astute and sincere.....Oh! Also, when you prolong here....make your voice shake. Add a little vibrato in there."

"Ok....but how would it sound. I want to hear you sing it. The whole line!"

"Oh! Me?No!"

"Uh....yes...give it a shot."

"Fine. I rather like the way you're talking astute and sincere. Suddenly your tragic story, it gets me right here." The whole cast and crew looked at me in awe.

".....What's wrong?" I asked quizzically.

"That was.....that was....AMAZING!"he screamed. He scooped me in his large hands and twirled me around excited.

"C'mon dude...we have to get on with it,"the actor for Izzachar instructed.

"He's right...go on." He leaped upon the stage and got ready. They started once more.

"That was amazing Shadarria! Oh! Gotta go!"Kelcie ran on stage and sat behind 'Joseph' as the 11 brothers began to sing grovel.

My beloved co-worker,Kevin, who played Potifar came up to me.

"Shadarria sweetheart,that was impressive. You are trying out for The Wiz, right?"

"Yes...yes I am."

"Good...no wasn't an option anyway." He chuckled as he walked away.

HEY GUYS...SORRY THE CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT..EVEN THOUGH THIS IS A SHORT STORY. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING...SHORT STORIES ARE ONE OR TWO PAGES LONG. MINE HAS...EH.....A LITTLE TWIST;)

MY STORY WILL INVOLE NO MORE THAN 12 CHAPTERS. I CALL THIS A SHORT STORY BECAUSE LONG STORIES, IN MY OPINION, ARE 15 CHAPTERS OR MORE. MAYBE BECAUSE I READ A LOT....HMMMM. NO NEED TO CONTEMPLATE! CONTINUE TO STAGE  RIGHT!