Chapter 1

I woke up to the suns rays tickling my face. It's heat was warming and welcoming.

I grinned to myself. Mornings like these make me happy, you know?

I guess you could say I don't have a lot of happiness in my life. I mean, my mom, and brother both died in a car accident. Leaving me with my heart broken dad, who isn't so nice and loving anymore.

I still remember the way he used to look at mom. How much love he put into one simple smile. He really did love my mom.

But since she is dead, it's like he has nothing else to live for. Not even me.

I quickly got up and put some old clothes on to get the chores done.

I walked silently down the stairs of our house. It used to be nice and clean, but it has become homes to many dust mites, and even some ants. But it's not all bad. I try to keep it in shape.

I walked outside and heard the slight moan of a calf. I took a deep breath of the cleansing air around me. It was slightly muggy outside, but when you live in Texas, it is Africa. There isn't any feeling about it.

I walk to the lot to see the cows and chickens everywhere. I picked up a bucket and began feeding the animals. The chickens danced around my feet just to get the small taste of their feed.

Their feathers brushed against my legs as they hopped around. It made a small giggle escape my lips.

Once am done with feeding the animals and getting done with all my chores, I am sweating and ready to take a shower.

I walk inside and make my way threw all my layers. First my t-shirt, then my pants. After I had thrown them on my bed, I reached up and started to take off the necklace my mother gave me when I was little.

But two pairs of arms were wrapped around my waist. I opened my mouth to scream but I was silenced.

"Shh... Don't say a word. Because you are all mine," the voice whispered breathlessly in my ear.

I shivered against the hold. And just as quickly it had happened, it disappeared. The person was gone. But the only thing left was the small tingles he left on my body.