Down the Rabbit Hole

You had always thought death would be peaceful. Although others feared it, you always welcomed it. Surrounded by darkness, no sound in the world, it was more peaceful than you had imagined. You took it nicely, simply lying down and feeling the darkness surround you. That's when you heard it. It was faint at first, so you thought it was just a dream. The pitter patter of rain on a window that you used to revel in. It grew louder and you tried to look around. Tried to make out what the noise was. You had begun to think that maybe you had gone mad until a figure flashed by your vision. "Wha.." You hadn't heard your voice in so long, you didn't even recognize when it had come out of your mouth. It was awkward and squeaky due to misuse. This caused the figure to stop in its tracks and turn towards you. "You, how did you get here?" The voice was different than yours. No it was strong and coarse. "I.." Your voice deceived you as it fled from your use. You held your throat as to symbolize the ache in your vocal chords. The figure was closer now. You could make out that they were a woman and they had long light blonde hair and strange sunglasses on. The woman held out her hand towards you in an offering manner. You sensed she was expecting you to take it but hesitated wondering where this path would take you. "My name is Jayden, come with me I'll get you out of limbo." Limbo? Is that where you've been this entire time? You felt a tear rip it's way down your face. The stranger, Jayden, raised a poised eyebrow at your sudden breakdown. You let you hand slip over Jayden's and she gripped it as she ran. The two of you ran throughout the dark place until you finally came to a halt. "We're here." Where? You weren't sure. You couldn't even tell how Jayden navigated this area given that all the scenery looked the same. Black. Jayden seemed to hold your hand tighter and you looked over to see her raising her arm. You were about to wonder what the heck she was doing when suddenly a giant hole opened up beneath both of you. "Hold on tight." She spoke as you both descended down the hole. The falling seemed never ending but somehow you were more happy then scared. "A-" Your voice sounded. Your throat was getting slightly better. "Ah?" Jayden questioned looking over at you. "A..Axeria.. that's..my name."