Chapter 1: Zoned

May 23rd, 2016.
That date was etched forever into my head. That day started like any day of mine did, hectic yet organized. I was a big routine kind of person, keeping close to schedule the best that I could. My apartment in LA was quite small but big enough for me to be cozy at night, and I still had a roof over my head. I rolled over a few times contemplating going on with the day or sleeping it in, but I knew what I would have to do. I looked at the white ceiling and sighed to myself. I was 23 years old and I still didn't have a boyfriend. I mean I had a few on and off throughout high school and college but none really sticked. A tear began rolling down my face, I sighed once more and shook myself out of whatever pity party I was about to throw. Although I didn't want to I dragged myself out of bed to start getting ready for class. I literally only had one class this semester and then I would be graduating. I put on my usual jeans and a v neck with easy makeup and threw my hair up to a pony tail. I hooked up my headphones and placed them in my ears and hit the shuffle button on my spotify. I grabbed my things for class and headed out the door. Most days I didn't feel like standing in the kitchen to cook for a one person meal so I usually ate out. There was a Starbucks on the way to campus so I decided to stop there to grab a quick bite and frap. "What can I get for ya?" The worker asked lightly. "I'd like a muffin and a venti Java chip frappé please," I smiled and paid before patiently waiting for my drink. My muffin was gone before my drink had been made. Java chip Frappé for Kaelynn. I smiled and left the store drink in hand. My journey towards the college continued on. The music in my ears suddenly stopped so I pulled out my phone to solve the issue. Suddenly I felt my cold drink against the entire front of my body. "I'm so, so sorry love," a quick Irish accent playing. I slowly looked up, almost like slo motion until I seen his piercing blue eyes and brown blonde hair. I held my composure and ignored the fact that Niall Horan was standing in front of me, but the other fact was that he just ran into me and I was now sticky and wet. "Oh, miss I'm so so sorry. Can I buy you another drink?" He asked with a quick Irish accent. My pissed off face quickly went away and instead turned into a smile, "it's alright." I shrugged my shoulders. "I insist, please let me get you another." "Honestly, it sounds great but I'm heading to class and don't want to be late." "Okay no problem love, would you mind if I got your number and we could go get that drink later?" A cheeky grin appeared on his face. I nodded my head lightly, yeah sure, I'd like that." I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. He tapped a few things and returned the device to me before getting his out of his pocket. "Great, I've got your number and you've got mine." He shot another smile at me. "Sounds good, I'll plan on seeing you later then." I returned the smile and began to walk away until his hand grabbed my arm quickly. "I didn't catch your name Hun." "Kaelynn, Kaelynn Rogers." "It was a pleasure meeting you Kaelynn, sorry again about the mess." "It's alright, it was nice meeting you as well Mr. Horan." "Just Niall, love." I winked and walked away heading to class with a cheesy look on my face with my sticky and wet clothes.

Hope you enjoy this first chapter! If ya do share it and vote. Also any suggestions let me know! Thanks for reading!