Illusions

One dark night a girl named Ashley slowly walked through the street, every house had their lights off and the doors locked like they were shut tightly, there was a lot of fog surrounding her, she blinked every now and again so her eyes wouldn't hurt this made it had to see what was up ahead. It was silent and the only thing she felt was the wind blowing gently through her hair.

The only reason she was out here was because everything seemed pointless to her after all that she had been through, after all bullying was no laughing matter, even walking through the streets as she was now seemed like it didn't matter anymore......nothing mattered anymore, all she wanted to do was die.

Ashley looked at the ground as she walked and thought about her terrible life she was leading and trying not to cry at the same time, then suddenly, in the distance Ashley heard a faint noise of something or someone coming closer,she ripped her eyes off of the ground to find where the noise comes from, but all she could see was the blinding fog.She blinked a few times to see if the owner of the noise was visible but still nothing appeared, a little disappointed she closed her eyes, stopped walking and listened for the noise.

The noise continued as Ashley listened, but as she did, it seemed to get louder, this made her panic. Ashley's eyes shot open and then was met with a dark figure of a man in the distance, he was holding a brief case and on his head was a top hat. Ashley tried to turn around to flee but her legs wouldn't budge, she was paralysed with fear. Panicking she watched the man with fear getting closer, suddenly Ashley noticed something horrifying, it seemed that every step he took he got faster.

After impatient seconds of panicking, Ashley's legs finally let her move, the sudden impact made her stumble and almost fall to the ground, but she found her balance and without a second glance at the approaching man she ran home, dodging the drains With the loose lids on the way.

Through all the fog along the way, Ashley's house eventually came into view, for once she felt relieved to see her house again, she opened the door then quickly shut it behind her.Ashley walks over to the small window in the kitchen, she could see the man approaching, she felt her heart fall at the thought that the mysterious man knew where she lived.

Ashley ran upstairs to her room, there she saw the newspaper she was reading before but when she got closer, the normal articles weren't there but were replaced by pictures of the mysterious man she had just encountered.Ashley shook her head, trying to get that image out of her head then checked the TV but when she did, all she saw was the same picture of the mysterious man on every channel which just creeped her out even more.

Ashley slowly went downstairs, trying to make a sound but then she heard the sound of footsteps and then two knocks at the door. Ashley knew she was trapped and didn't want to go anywhere near the door but she also wanted to know the the man was following her, in the end curiosity got the best of her and as she reached for the door handle the door slammed open and a violent wind sent Ashley flying back against the wall.

Ashley felt dizzy as she opened her eyes, as soon as she looked up she saw that the mysterious man was staring right back at her.As soon as Ashley's eyes adjusted to the dim light, she discovered that the mysterious man was actually her father coming back late from work.

Once Ashley said goodnight to her father, she went upstairs to her room feeling relieved and happy, the newspaper and the TV went back to what they had on the before, after slipping into bed, she decided that was she had just encountered tonight we're just illusions and with that thought in mind, she fell into a deep sleep.maybe things still do matter.