Disastrous Meeting

Mia woke up in the same white room she's been waking from, darkness engulfing her surrounding. She sat on her bed and turned her head to the dusty window which she's lost the will to clean. A faint light seeps through the dust to illuminate a small portion of the wooden floor. She groaned of exhaustion despite just waking up, she then decided to get off the bed to eat breakfast.

She headed into the kitchen and decided to have eggs and toast with honey lemon tea today. She opened the fridge and saw that the groceries are almost gone so she took note of it in her head to get some online. After preparing breakfast she sat on the breakfast bar and sighed as she played with the scrambled eggs she's made.

She barely finished her breakfast when she stood up and left the plate on the counter top for her to eat them later for lunch. She went on the computer and ordered her groceries before continuing her book writing, although this seemed to haven't been productive. She sat on the swivel chair staring at the computer screen regularly moving the mouse when the screen goes black.

*DING DONG*

The doorbell rang and she stood up to look through the peephole, she saw a man with the red cap with the logo of the online grocery store on it. "C-could you please just leave them by the door... please..." she instructed the delivery man to which the man complied to.

Mia stood by the door silently calming herself down, inhaling and exhaling at a regular pace. On her final exhale she opened the door forcefully and suddenly that it startled the man unlocking his apartment door that situates in front of her's. "Uhmm... I-is something wrong?" the man with a scruffy face said looking back at her. This shocked Mia that it made her feel sick to her stomach, making her breathing hard and her heart pulse madly. She knew exactly what this feeling was, it wasn't the first time she's had it.

"Miss?! A-are you alright?" the man asked in genuine concern as he rushed to her aid. Mia gasped for air as tears formed and fell down her face, she started to sink into despair as she lowered her body to kneel, she knew they were still there, the memories. The man touched her arm lightly to which she flinched to the point she fell on her bottom, she retreated herself away from the man who wore a worried look that couldn't be painted. She then repeatedly spoke the words "I'm sorry" in a frantic manner.