Day 1 - Getting to Know the Hotel!

After our airplane landing, my family was greeted to about 20 gambling machines - a lot! (There are, later on I realize, so many gambling machines in Nevada. A lot!) Then we took an escalator downstairs and that was where the luggage was passed out. My family saw another Chicago O'Hare Airport luggage station that we did not fly on, so we were startled when we couldn't find our luggage in it! Then after, though, we did find our luggage, which came from another Chicago O'Hare Airport luggage carousel. Then after that we took a cab to our hotel, and at the front of the hotel (and, on all the other sides of the hotel) was the roller coaster that I had been looking forward too! (The roller coaster was way, way bigger than I expected it to be.) "I need to ride that thing first thing!" I said to my mom. (As you can tell, I love roller coasters.) My family and I walked inside the hotel to be greeted by a massive load of gambling machines and slot machines! (I wasn't lying about how many they have in Nevada at the beginning, let alone, Las Vegas.) My family and I, after that, took the elevator to our hotel room, which was very nice. I lay onto the bed and sighed, because my legs hurt, and the airplane ride, though was only two hours, felt endless. I then started thinking about the amazing things to do in Las Vegas. After that short moment of rest time, my family and I all walked to the roller coaster, and since the roller coaster height limit was fifty four inches, my little brother couldn't ride. My mom, because of the size of the coaster, didn't want to ride. That left me, my bigger brother, and my dad to ride, and all of us wanted to go. I barely made the height limit of fifty four inches, and during the process of them measuring me, I was very scared. I ended up being able to ride it! The ride starts in a building, then moves out of the building after it starts, and ends up in a thin alleyway, and from there climbs the chain lift all the way to the top of the track, goes down about half the way it goes up, then turns, goes up again without a chain lift, then does a drop that ends up a few feet above ground level, and then does all sorts of cool and fun tricks, and at the end it passes through a pizzeria (that I eat at, in a few days) and then ends up back at the start. It was very fun! I was, though I rode the coaster, a bit jealous of my brother who won two prizes, and fortunately gave one to me. Then I played a few arcade games myself, and after that we ate dinner. For dinner, I ate macaroni & cheese, which tasted very good. While my family was waiting for the food, I played with the toy my little brother gave me after winning a game at the arcade, and then my dad performed a magic trick, which my little brother gave away the secret to because he sat to my dad's side. It was really funny because no one expected my little brother to do that! After we ate dinner, we took the escalator back to the hotel room and then went to bed. I was really happy with the results of the day, mostly because the results were amazing for a first day!