When You Hold Me In The Street

The moments we ran in the rain were my favorite. I got to see the side of you, not very many people did. I loved feeling the rain on my skin but I loved the rain drenching yours, making you look every bit of ethereal as you deserved to be. I love how your lips would be a brighter pink because of the water hitting them. I just loved you. I always will love you. My favorite part of those moments was when you grabbed me and pulled me closer to you and you just held me there in the street, not caring if we got strange looks. We were in love and we didn't care about anything but each other. That's how it should have been. I loved the warmth I felt from you and the words you whispered to me, teasing me. The moment our lips met, always made me weak. Cliché though it was, I loved every moment of it. It was perfect to me you were perfect to me. You reserved your romantic side for me and only me. You had everyone believing you were a badass but I knew from the start, you were just a big softy, or, maybe I turned you into one. Who knows. All I know is, you loved me and I loved you, but we couldn't always be public about our feelings, especially now because you have him and forgot about me.

I'm not mad that you fell for him, but is it the same? Do you feel how you felt when we were together? What drew you to him? Do you still think of me when you share your sweet, tender kisses with him? Are you as cliché as you were with me? Does he love you like I do? These are all the questions I'm dying to ask you but I can't. I can't show that I am in love with you as the world already knows you are with him; that you are in love with him. I'd give another chance just to run in the rain with you and have you smile at me as if you were in love; that you are in love. I see that smile, now, but it's not directed towards me anymore. It can't be. The world would hate us both, if that were to happen. It would break his heart and neither of us can deal with that because we both love him. We love him differently though. You love him as I love you. And I love you as you love him. I love him as a brother and best friend. We were once like that, but you finally had the courage to tell me that you've liked me as more than a friend should.

Your confession was cute. I will forever remember the bubbly you, who always knew what to say, stumbling over your words and not knowing what to say. Every time I think back to your confession, I remember for him. playing while you were confessing and I thought the song couldn't fit the situation anymore than it did. It was perfect. Every time I hear our song on my playlist, I either skip it or cry listening to it. I'm really not mad over you leaving me, I just want to know why you did it. Why did you break our promise that we would tell them that we were together? Why did you tell the whole world you're with him? Why didn't you tell them that you were with me? Am I just not good enough for you? You serenaded me with Endlessly. You basically promised we would be together forever. So, what. You hit eighteen and you decide you don't love me anymore? Here we are now, me standing at the impressive age of twenty-four and you barely turning twenty-one. You are barely turning the age, that I was, of when you broke my heart. I'm still stupid enough to love you though. If you're happy with him, then I'll be happy for you because your happiness is my everything.

"Yoongi-ah, whatcha doin'?"

"Oh, hi, Taehyung," I whispered, "you startled me."

"What are you doing though?"

"Nothing, just," I trailed off, looking at my hands, not wanting to face the boy who crushed me into tiny, little pieces. I love you. "I love you," I blurted before I could stop myself. "Shit, forget I said that." I proceeded to smack my forehead. I can't believe I just said that. I felt really embarrassed. My face could attest to that.

"Yoongi, baby," Taehyung sighed, "baby, you've gotta stop doing this to yourself. We can't be like that anymore. I'm with him, now, and you know it."