Chapter One

I was running..
Faster than I have ever ran before..
My feet pounded the concrete and didn't even realise when I started going through a slow river.
I was gasping for air, spluttering all the while.
I need to get to the tree.
Please. Please. Please.
My foot caught something in the water causing me to stumble. I heard sloshes of water behind me, I couldn't help but look.
Him. Oh god. Please no.
I was paralysed, his haunting eyes cutting into my soul.
His deep throaty laugh rang out through the night, and tears began to build. I turned my head not wanting to see him anymore, but not moving due to fear.
I felt his cold hand touch my arm, his warm breath on my neck, his never-ending stare on the back of my head.
He then pushed me into the water.
The icy liquid shocked me, I felt it fill my lungs, and it hurt. It hurt too much. I just wanted it to stop! I had fight left in me though, no matter how little it was, I still had it. I pushed him back causing him to crash into the water.
I resurfaced, gasping for air in long breaths, before picking myself up and hurtling to the other side of the river. The cold bit my bare arms and legs, yet I still pushed myself. Tears were running down my cheeks, but in my view I saw it.
The tree.
So close. Please. Please.
I was close now, but my feet kept on catching the ground beneath me.
It was then that I tripped, I was so close to the tree I could almost touch the bark...
But no willpower was left. I cried into the ground, shaking. All that effort for nothing.
I didn't care anymore.
When he came into view, I didn't care.
When he began to pick me up, I didn't care.
I didn't scream until the sharp point found its way into my stomach. The bright red stain growing on my, damp white top. My scream penetrated the night, echoing around me.
The last thing I saw was the light pink of the blossom, swirling to the ground where I lay.