Chapter One

It was warm and sunny when I hopped off of my turquoise bike. I hadn't been to the beach in so long, but I was drawn back to it again, this time without the relief of permission from my parents.

You see, since the zombie apocalypse has taken over about half of North America, I hadn't gone out much. The tragedy started last year, and the last time I've been to the beach was a couple years ago.

The seaside breeze kissed my face as I breathed in the wonderful smell of from the ocean water. Perfect, exactly as I thought it was going to be.

I shuffled awkwardly down to the beach, careful to not get massive amounts of sand caked into my Converse. I finally decided to take my shoes off when I made my way to the shore. The white waves washed in, remnants of the green waves that had broke.

I had heard that the waves of the ocean used to be bluish green, which sounded completely outrageous than the emerald green of nowadays.

My legs finally were too tired for me to stand up any longer, so I made myself comfortable on the white sand, my long legs crossed over each other. I laid my head back into the sand, and I didn't care about the sand that would be in my hair.

I pulled my phone out and turned on The Sound by 1975, my absolute favorite band. I plugged in my earbuds and reality faded away as I was caught up in my thoughts. Too bad that when I was listening to my favorite song, creatures that could only be described as horrific and disturbing rose from the ocean...