Chapter 1

"Tami!"
I rolled over, and sat up. Stretching, I got up and checked the time. I had an hour before school. I hopped into the shower and used my watermelon body wash. After ten minutes, I came out of the bathroom and got out my blue jeans and a random pink high-low top with the front stopping just under my belly button and the back flowing to just under my butt. I dried my hair and pulled it into a neat rough-bun. I spent all summer learning to do this with my girl best friend, Britney. I pulled out my strawberry lipstain and applied a little. No need to overdo anything. I went downstairs to greet my grandma with a hug. I went outside and poured milk in the bowl for her cat. Then I settled down to have some breakfast. Grandma made banana pancakes with nutella and warm milk. She was against a breakfast-less day. As I was eating, Britney entered the house. She had a key to the house, as did Brad,my other best friend.
"Hey Granny" I heard her say.
"Britney darling! How are you? Have you had anything to eat?"
I didn't hear her reply but soon, I heard her shout "Tami"
I replied in between my chewing and she traced my voice to the kitchen. She was pretty in every sense of the word. She wore a tight-fitting black dress that stopped mid thigh with Lacey long sleeves. She had the time to do her makeup to perfection. Bri, as I called her was a big time YouTuber with her own Chanel that has over 100,000 subscribers. She was always dolled up and extremely pretty.
"Chop chop, tami. We're gonna be late." I popped the last bit of pancake in my mouth as I followed her outside, carrying my bag.
"Bye grandma!" We both said.

We entered her car. It was a small black car that she loved so much.
She turned on the radio and we jammed along to the songs we knew. We didn't bother picking up Brad because he had his own car. Not that I didn't have mine, but I hated driving alone and my boyfriend, Justin was driving with his friends today. Bummer.
We pulled up at school and got out. She pulled out her mirror and adjusted her makeup. I took this time to study her. She was an eye Turner. She could easily be the most popular girl in school. I don't still understand why she stuck with my plainness and Brad's clumsiness.
"Shall we?"
She said, smiling like her life depended on it. She actually is an expert smiler. She's on the cheer team for that reason, other than her flexibility.
We walked together, through the halls and separated to go to our lockers.
I put in my books and pulled out the book for my first period with History.

I entered into the classroom and took my sit around the middle on the far left. Class was going smoothly when the doors flung open.
Pink heels. Pink sparkly crop top with a dangerously low neckline. White highwaisted jeans. Pink and white bow on rich barbie-blonde hair treated to perfection. Perfect wings. Plump pink lips. Perfectly contoured face. Amazingly tanned skin.
"Sorry I'm late." She catwalked to the back of the class, smirking knowing she had all the attention. She was known as Pink, because duh. She was the head cheerleader and Miss popular. You know, that stereotypical girl in almost every teen book today. She was that.
She sat by a very confused-looking nerdy boy that was somewhat cute. She twirled her blonde hair in her hands as she neared herself to him. He looked like he was about to drop. Yes, people. Pink was a slut. Okay, we are done with the stereotypical-ity.
The class went on.
Let's just skip to lunch. I just came out of my last class and stopped by my locker to drop some books. The hallway was empty. I started walking to the cafeteria. I heard a noise from the janitors closet up front. I walked slowly, scared. Then the door sprung open. Out came Pink with very messy hair and without lipstick on. She looked at me then squinted and said
"What are you looking at, nerd?"
I looked away.

She walked towards me and passed me, heading to the restroom to touch up her makeup and hair, hitting my shoulder "mistakenly".
I stood there, stunned. After a while, a guy I recognised from the football team came out of the closet, adjusting his hair and his shirt. I felt red creeping up on my cheeks. Did they just...? I shook my head and fastwalked to the cafeteria. I got my lunch and headed to the center table, where the popular kids sat. The center table was longer than the other tables. It had spaces for Pink, Andy who was Mr popular, the five main cheerleaders, their boyfriends, the five main football dudes and their girlfriends. Bri sat at one end with Brad. They weren't dating or anything but just so Brad won't sit on his own during lunch period. I sat opposite Bri with Justin, my football boyfriend beside me. We were on the popular table but we weren't popular...do you get the analogy? No? Me neither.
After a while, Pink came in all dolled up again and sat down at the center of the table. Conversations were brought up all over the table. Myself and my two best friends talked about random things. Pink and the rest of the cheerleaders talked about their plans for the weekend or the punishment for the girl that bumped into Pink the other day. The guys talked about cars and football.
After lunch, we went for our last period, English which we had together.
An hour later, I went into Justin's car as I waved goodbye to Bri and Brad.
"Hey babe"
"How was your day?"
"Uh..great... No drama. How was yours?"
" Awesome. Wanna do something this night?"
I frowned " Night? What do you have in mind? "
"Oh come on....you still feel this way? You love and trust me right?...I get you haven't done this before but I'll take you through it. It's nothing to think twice about really"
Not this again.
"Justin, I know you've dated a lot of girls before and all this seems normal to you but I told you before. We talked this through. I'm not ready for this and you know that"
"When will you be ready? Homecoming dance?"
"No, J, I don't want to do this until I'm married. What's wrong with you? We discussed this."
I was getting really uncomfortable.
"I hate the wait. You know you'll marry me anyways. nothing's wrong in doing it"
"No. It's against my belief. If you love me, you'll respect my wish. And as for this conversation, we are done with it."
I leaned back and got down when he pulled up at my house.
Let me tell you a bit about Justin. Apart from being a popular jock, he was the biggest player in the school. I only agreed to date him because he promised not to return back to his old ways. He has kept that promise for over three months now...and that's a long time when we're talking about high school relationships. The only flaw? He kept pressurising me to do it with him even after telling him that I wasn't about that life.
I keep telling Bri about him but she told me to leave him. To break up with him because according to her, if he didn't get it from me, he was going to get it from somewhere else. I think Bri might be right because I know she loves me and she always looks out for me. She doesn't want me bawling when I found out he cheated on me. Maybe the best thing was to let it go. But something keeps holding me back. Maybe I was the one to stop his player ways. No one remains a player forever right? Now I felt bad for shouting at him. Maybe I should go to his house and apologise.
My Tummy said otherwise. Maybe after I eat something. My grandma was out. I warmed up a bowl of lasagna and ate it. I changed out if my school cloth into a white sleeveless dress that stopped at my knees with my white sandals. I entered my car and stopped at a store to get his favorite wine. I pulled up at his house. His parents wouldn't be home at this time. I used the keys from under the plant pot outside and tiptoed to his room where he would be, doing his homework.
As I neared his door, I heard some sounds. Maybe I was interrupting something?.